Ranking Help - i need it :( (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
We don't even know what SGHS is.
I looked it up. Rank 84 school for 2007 was Scone Grammar School.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmm, ok. Wonder where she got the H from. :p

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
Droping subject based on scaling is the most stupid way to look at it. The scaling is the last resort.

If that's the case, I would have basically dropped all my subjects except MX2 and Cosmology. (considering that I am doing Cosmology)

And, to get 95, 80 scaled mark from each subject will be more than sufficient to get her 95 UAI meaning that she probably needs Band 6 in General Mathematics to hope for that mark.

Unless you know how she is cruising throughout her preliminary year, you cannot make a definite statement.
That is so true. Just because a subject scales well does not mean you will like it, nor does it mean you will do good in it, and usually they inter-relate, therefore the more you like a subject, the better you do at it. I dropped two decent scaling subjects already - English Extension 1 and Studies of Religion II, and that's because I had no interest in those subjects. Sure, they scale good, but whats the point of scaling, if I'm not interested and will not put the same effort like all my other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)