ranking (1 Viewer)

kim_

to what extent does the rankiing process work??? is it lyk when ur in da top 10 or for any scaling that you get example lyk 40/80... i heard that if ur skool rank is lyk 2 and you come 7 in the actual hsc you will get the mark that the person who gets second got... i dont realli know and its strtin to fraek me out

FinalFantasy

HSC
don't get freaked out, just do you're best and don't worry..
no matter how it works, if you do ur best(or tried to do ur best) then u would have done all u can do;)

anyway, the person ranked first in a particular course will get his mark in the real HSC(after alignment) and the 2nd person gets his\her school marks scaled accordingly...

well dats wat i know of it..

Last edited:

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
fairydust said:
to what extent does the rankiing process work??? is it lyk when ur in da top 10 or for any scaling that you get example lyk 40/80... i heard that if ur skool rank is lyk 2 and you come 7 in the actual hsc you will get the mark that the person who gets second got... i dont realli know and its strtin to fraek me out

I went to that moderation thingy on this site just yesterday...

anyways.. i was punching in a few marks here and there...

and what i concluded could be explained by the following example:

ok so mr.BMW is ranked 1st internally(let' say 90)
and mr. cool is ranked 2nd internally(let's say 85)

in the actual exam... mr.BMW stuffs up majorly and gets a mark that is probably classed as 4th amongst his peers...(let's say he gets 75)
and mr. cool get's the highest HSC mark and is ranked 1st externally(let's say he gets 95)

now the HSC exam mark remains ur's no one takes it away from u... however... since mr.BMW was ranked first internally... his assessment mark will be the highest examination mark (i.e. the mark that mr.cool achieved) which is 95... but his exam mark will remain as 75 and then the avergae of the 2 will be mr.BMW's mark which would mean mr.BMW gets a final HSC mark of 85...

That's as far as i can go with explanining.. lol.. ( by the way if anyone wants to correct me.. because i'm like 50% sure that what i said is correct.. then please do sooo )but as FinalFantasy said... don't worry about the way the system works... because it's true, as long as u try ur best... u'll be fine...

kim_

thanx guys i was just wondering coz evr1 puts so much emphasis on ranking rather than ur actual mark

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Man, I don't like that system...that means going to a 'better' school equates into better marks, which IMO is rubbish and awards the rich rather than being completely equal. Some of the people in my classes are complete dumb arses, so it must suck being ranked below them. Am I reading this right?

helper

HSC
N/A
Going to a better school doesn't effect your mark, except for higher competition and other things within the school. Nothing to do with what happens outside school.

If you are ranked below the "dumb arses", then it is a reflection on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)