rankings help (1 Viewer)

nyes

HSC
N/A
Hi,
Just wondering if the spacing between ranks will affect my overall result? I am in a cohort in french continuers (at a top 20 school) where there are a number of fluent speakers who naturally get exceptional results in their exams (around 94 as an assessment mark). Bu consequence, I am ranked fourth with an overall assessment mark of about 84 (they didn't publish the final ones, just rankings), will the spacing between me and the top 3 (of about ten marks) at my school affect my moderated assessment mark? or will the mark be adjusted according to how well I do in the exam? I am confident of getting above 90 for my hsc mark.
Thanks

D94

HSC
N/A
Your mark gets adjusted to how well your school does in the HSC, not just you.

Your school marks will have a top and bottom mark, and so will the HSC exam marks. That top school mark is adjusted to match the top exam mark, and same with the bottom marks. Then all marks in between are adjusted to reflect how you performed in school. If you are closer to first in school, your mark will then be adjusted to reflect that. It has nothing to do with your individual exam performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)