Rankings? (1 Viewer)

Virelai

HSC
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question! I've noticed that a lot of people on here have signatures like:

Maths ext (1/12)
Chem (2/30)
etc.

So I'm assuming this is their ranking in their class or in their grade. So does every school give out rankings for yr 11 and 12 students or does it vary between schools? I have never been given my ranking in any subjects previously but I'm only in year 10 now.

Thanks

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
super important so if u have lots of first places u sig ur ranks and ppl admire how smart u are

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
INTERNAL rankings are very important. They determine what mark you get in the external HSC exam which is 50% of your overall mark. No it does not vary between schools but the testing difficulty and student attitudes towards academics does.

Virelai

HSC
Oh wow, thanks. I'm pretty much in the dark with how the whole system works. Any idea of where I can read up on it?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
INTERNAL rankings are very important. They determine what mark you get in the external HSC exam which is 50% of your overall mark. No it does not vary between schools but the testing difficulty and student attitudes towards academics does.
The internal marks do NOT determine what mark you get in the external HSC exam mark.

The external exam marks are moderated using the internal ranks and gaps to determine the moderated assessment mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)