Rankings (1 Viewer)

proxyluv

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if rank 5th is good enough to go into the HSC with? As in chemistry, and biology I may only be able to get up to that rank.

Thanks!

proxyluv

HSC
N/A
Depends on your ATAR aim and cohort size. Generally speaking, 5th is considered good.
My atar goal is a 95 plus, I can still get a top 3 rank in my four other subjects math adv, english ext, SOR 1 and english adv. It is just the two sciences I am worried about for ranking

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
My atar goal is a 95 plus, I can still get a top 3 rank in my four other subjects math adv, english ext, SOR 1 and english adv. It is just the two sciences I am worried about for ranking
If you rank 5th in Chemistry and Biology and top 3 in all of your other subjects you should have nothing to worry about. 95+ is definitely achievable with such ranks.

Want90Atar

HSC
If you rank 5th in Chemistry and Biology and top 3 in all of your other subjects you should have nothing to worry about. 95+ is definitely achievable with such ranks.
Are my ranks good? My overall rank for 2 subjects is currently 1, for my other subject it’s 3. and for English I’m ranked 38 out of 100 people keep in mind that I used to be rank 80 in English so I’m improving And my rank for my other subject is 4.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Are my ranks good? My overall rank for 2 subjects is currently 1, for my other subject it’s 3. and for English I’m ranked 38 out of 100 people keep in mind that I used to be rank 80 in English so I’m improving And my rank for my other subject is 4.
All your ranks are pretty good. The only thing you can try to do is to improve your English rank, although I believe your 90 ATAR goal is very achievable with these ranks.

idkkdi

HSC
Bruhhhh, @proxyluv what is your school ranking. very important info. my friend is ranked 1st in all subjects. i know right but he goes to a shit school ranked 300+. Can't technically compare. The dumbest cunt in James Ruse can be smarter than my friend. Then again, I'm pretty sure there aren't any dumb people in James Ruse😂.
the dumbest in James Ruse probably isn't last lol.
The people who are last probably don't study at all except slightly before assessments.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The dumbest cunt in James Ruse can be smarter than my friend. Then again, I'm pretty sure there aren't any dumb people in James Ruse
I might disagree with this. Generally, there are always people from comprehensive schools who can be as smart as top James Ruse students, but simply don't get a chance to apply/enrol at a selective school.

HSC
Bruhhhh, @proxyluv what is your school ranking. very important info. my friend is ranked 1st in all subjects. i know right but he goes to a shit school ranked 300+. Can't technically compare. The dumbest cunt in James Ruse can be smarter than my friend. Then again, I'm pretty sure there aren't any dumb people in James Ruse😂.
Wanna answer that Discord message I sent you dude?

proxyluv

HSC
N/A
@mango73 @idkkdi the ranking for my school is 81, so it is in top 100, it is not a bad ranking school; it does well in the humanities, it just needs to be better in science that is all.

I would also like to just make it known that I am asking these questions because I want a variety of answers, some precedents and experiences of other students to get a good gauge of what is possible. However, what i've come across from some of the users on this thread (and others I have posted) is disregard, pushiness and frankly them just being rude. it would be nice if I didn't open up my threads and not be confronted by this because all I want is some advice- that is it. My school is ranked 81 so I don't think that will be a issue at all for my ATAR, it is not the best school but it is good enough to achieve my goal of the atar I need.

Besides that point, the second thing mentioned is cohort strength. My cohorts are generally high acheiving in regards to chemistry, extension english, english advanced and math advanced. The poor performence stems from my SOR 1 and biology cohort. The lowest ranked student for bio has dropped out which has raised the average of the class, but these are the two "worrying" subjects, if I can even say they are worrying. They aren't that bad, I just don't think the marks these two subject cohorts recieve are competitve enough for the HSC externals in 4 months. Hopefully, it can change in the mean time.

Thank you. I hope I did not come across as rude or "triggered" myself, I just want to be as civil here as i can be on here, because I see this forum as a fantastic resource with great people on here, and it has helped me alot with coping with HSC stress.

idkkdi

HSC
@mango73 @idkkdi the ranking for my school is 81, so it is in top 100, it is not a bad ranking school; it does well in the humanities, it just needs to be better in science that is all.

I would also like to just make it known that I am asking these questions because I want a variety of answers, some precedents and experiences of other students to get a good gauge of what is possible. However, what i've come across from some of the users on this thread (and others I have posted) is disregard, pushiness and frankly them just being rude. it would be nice if I didn't open up my threads and not be confronted by this because all I want is some advice- that is it. My school is ranked 81 so I don't think that will be a issue at all for my ATAR, it is not the best school but it is good enough to achieve my goal of the atar I need.

Besides that point, the second thing mentioned is cohort strength. My cohorts are generally high acheiving in regards to chemistry, extension english, english advanced and math advanced. The poor performence stems from my SOR 1 and biology cohort. The lowest ranked student for bio has dropped out which has raised the average of the class, but these are the two "worrying" subjects, if I can even say they are worrying. They aren't that bad, I just don't think the marks these two subject cohorts recieve are competitve enough for the HSC externals in 4 months. Hopefully, it can change in the mean time.

Thank you. I hope I did not come across as rude or "triggered" myself, I just want to be as civil here as i can be on here, because I see this forum as a fantastic resource with great people on here, and it has helped me alot with coping with HSC stress.
if ur school's at rank 81 u should be aight for 95+ with all top 3-5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)