• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ranks and hsc marks (1 Viewer)

Qualona

HSC
I go to a really bad school where 15 people each year get above 80 uai. if my school rank for advanced english is 30/55, and then my external hsc mark is 90, what would be my overall english hsc mark. or in other words, what would be the value i would put in SAM?

HSC
if you're coming 30/55 in a supposedly "really bad" school i'm afraid that chances are you aren't going to get 90 in the hsc exam. how are your marks so far? i would be thinking you should be putting somewhere around 75 for english and i'm being quite generous.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i'm with Watatank on that..

though apparently if there is a huge discrepancy between a students external mark and their internal, the BOS disregards their internal assessment mark?

*someone confirm this?

i'd say that 90/100 inadv english contrasted to a 35/100 in internal assessmnets would constitute a huge discrepancy..

bmwz4

HSC
nichhhole said:

though apparently if there is a huge discrepancy between a students external mark and their internal, the BOS disregards their internal assessment mark?

*someone confirm this?

i'd say that 90/100 inadv english contrasted to a 35/100 in internal assessmnets would constitute a huge discrepancy..
not always true, assessments might be extremely difficult...it all depends on the school.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
nichhhole said:

*someone confirm this?

is that where scaling comes in ?
-shrugs- im still confused about this wacko scaling moderation thing :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)