Ranks get released at 5pm today whos excited? :D (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The only information that schools cannot provide to students is the total assessment mark submitted to the Board, as it is subject to moderation.
With respect, I think this is misleading.

Whilst the Board advises schools not to provide students with the total assessment mark submitted to the Board (because the mark is subject to moderation), schools are not prevented from providing that information to students, and in certain circumstances may be under a legal obligation to do so.

Most schools are subject to privacy legislation and access to personal information must generally be given upon request. I do not think there is any basis upon which the total assessment mark could properly be withheld.

Schoey93

HSC
Technically schools are supposed to give you your mark and rank from each assessment task but not a cumulative rank, until yesterday at 5.00p.m. However, many schools believe that you should know your final cumulative rank before the start of the HSC rather than after the exams.
And CEM you wise person. That is exactly right. Those schools beat/are smarter than BOS. The Board just has no clue on most matters, changes marks because of a stupid, dumb "standards-referenced framework" where a mark is a representation/symbol instead of an actual mark. I Lovveee how BOS says on school cert: a mark of 80 represents the minimum standard required for a Band 5. Not a mark of 80 IS the mark that is a Band 5 borderline 4.

Raw marks would have no affect on ATARs, or only a miniscule affect. To summarise:
:p

• BOS is run by monkeys/gorilla King Kong/chimps (maybe dolphins...)
  • :) And raw marks should be given.
  • Plus, scaling should still occur but all scaled marks and raw marks should be easily accesible via a UAC internet portal.
  • BOS should stop fiddling with marks when it makes hardly any difference anyways:monkey:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)