Rape appeal for "cultural differences" (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Re: Rape! It's ok if you're a Muslim!

ITT: the reason why this country is basically a police state

Naz1234

HSC

Im guessing no one knows of the many paedophile who havnt been sent to jail because of their freaking smart ass lawyers. I feel sorry for humanity. DO you HONESTLY believe that Islam says you can rape women? Are you mental? your sense of logic must be so low. Everyone has a right to appeal, I agree with that. But for this appeal, there are soooo any factors to consider. Like what is "cultural difference"? Does that mean his culture, as in his AFGHAN culture? Is it the culture that the has has adapted in Australia? Is it the culture/way of his parents/family? Is it the media culture pressured on him? Is it the social culture? Don't just make the assumption and judgement that its cause of his religion. All the media will say is "cultural difference" and the rest is up to you to assume. And its funny how his religion is the first thing that comes to peoples mind. What if he was Christian, or atheist, or Hindu? Would you then make the same assumption? Seriously people grow some brains. Im not a Muslim, But I hate the fact that the media is bashing on them.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC

Im guessing no one knows of the many paedophile who havnt been sent to jail because of their freaking smart ass lawyers. I feel sorry for humanity. DO you HONESTLY believe that Islam says you can rape women? Are you mental? your sense of logic must be so low. Everyone has a right to appeal, I agree with that. But for this appeal, there are soooo any factors to consider. Like what is "cultural difference"? Does that mean his culture, as in his AFGHAN culture? Is it the culture that the has has adapted in Australia? Is it the culture/way of his parents/family? Is it the media culture pressured on him? Is it the social culture? Don't just make the assumption and judgement that its cause of his religion. All the media will say is "cultural difference" and the rest is up to you to assume. And its funny how his religion is the first thing that comes to peoples mind. What if he was Christian, or atheist, or Hindu? Would you then make the same assumption? Seriously people grow some brains. Im not a Muslim, But I hate the fact that the media is bashing on them.

Peace. The issue here isn't the fact that he is a Muslim. It's the fact that he's a fucking retard.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Feminists in can't know everything and can't be everywhere at once scandal
must be those same feminists who have conveniently missed every single rape in Norway and Swden in the past decade

Naz1234

HSC

Peace. The issue here isn't the fact that he is a Muslim. It's the fact that he's a fucking retard.
Brother, I agree with you that he is fucking retarded. But what's with the posts name? Why is he constantly named the "Muslim man" if that's not the issue? I was so drawn in by that. Why couldn't it be "man allowed to appeal for rape"? Im 100% sure other people have appeal for rape as well. But there is an exception to this man, its because of his "cultural difference" which people assume to be the fact that he is Muslim... That's fucking retarded all together. And yes the legal system is pretty crooked, No one should be allowed to appeal for rape. But that would infringe their rights.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Im 100% sure other people have appeal for rape as well.
Point to one that involved "not understanding consent due to cultural reasons". ONE.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC

actually, the issue here is that he is an afghan muslim
He's not being convicted of being an Afghan Muslim. He is not appealing on the basis that he is an Afghan Muslim, he is appealing on the basis that his cultural/linguistic differences have acted as a barrier. As a previous poster has posted, rape is not encouraged in Muslim law - thanks to the shitty stigma of Islamists, most people will assume it is encouraged. So no, the issue here is not that he is an Afghan muslim.

Brother, I agree with you that he is fucking retarded. But what's with the posts name? Why is he constantly named the "Muslim man" if that's not the issue? I was so drawn in by that. Why couldn't it be "man allowed to appeal for rape"? Im 100% sure other people have appeal for rape as well. But there is an exception to this man, its because of his "cultural difference" which people assume to be the fact that he is Muslim... That's fucking retarded all together. And yes the legal system is pretty crooked, No one should be allowed to appeal for rape. But that would infringe their rights.
Unfortunately that is just how the world is.

People should be allowed to appeal to a rape charge... if it was not rape or the defendant was actually in an insane mindset

Naz1234

HSC

Point to one that involved "not understanding consent due to cultural reasons". ONE.
Before I do that can you define "cultural reasons" for me? And I mean the definition that the judge has given in the judgement of this case, not from some random dictionary.
Then I will give you one that involved cultural reasoning. Because Im not racist, I don't make the assumption that cultural reasoning means his religion. Look at the facts of the case.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC

must be those same feminists who have conveniently missed every single rape in Norway and Swden in the past decade

Hahahahahhah

I don't understand why extreme feminism still exists. If they stopped their bickering and maybe took advantage of everything we have access to then maybe there would be good developments.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC

Before I do that can you define "cultural reasons" for me? And I mean the definition that the judge has given in the judgement of this case, not from some random dictionary.
Then I will give you one that involved cultural reasoning. Because Im not racist, I don't make the assumption that cultural reasoning means his religion. Look at the facts of the case.

"The sentencing judge rejected any suggestion (Sharifi) didn't have a clear concept of consent in sexual relations."

"In April last year, a psychologist told the County Court that Sharifi had "an unclear concept of what constitutes consent in sexual relationships" in Australia."

However as Kiraken has previously posted, based on reports (which are generally unreliable lol) it seems to be an issue of consent. However this consent is messed up because of the defendant's retarded "cultural misconceptions"

Last edited:

Naz1234

HSC

"The sentencing judge rejected any suggestion (Sharifi) didn't have a clear concept of consent in sexual relations."

"In April last year, a psychologist told the County Court that Sharifi had "an unclear concept of what constitutes consent in sexual relationships" in Australia."

However as Kiraken has previously posted, based on reports (which are generally unreliable lol) it seems to be an issue of consent. However this consent is messed up because of the defendant's retarded "cultural misconceptions"

Thank you for that Loverinjapan. Although it was a question posed to SylviaB. SylviaB it seems that you have completely misunderstood the whole case and concept. The case has therefore nothing to do with his religion. Yet I find it quite amusing as your title for this forum assumes a discussion about Muslims being allowed to rape... Such is life comprised of humans unable to think freely. Don't listen to the media.

Henceforth, SylviaB I strongly reccomend that you review these "unreliable sources" and even though unreliable, try to understand the concepts and legal issues behind it. That is, an issue of consent in sexual assault, where ISLAM IS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION.

Have a good day :)

LANADELREY

HSC

Don't listen to the media.
The only reason we know this happened is because of the media though. I think what you actually want is for the media not to report on bad things that minorities do.

That is, an issue of consent in sexual assault, where ISLAM IS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION.
Look at how women in Muslim countries don't really have a lot of power regarding sexual rights though. Different groups believe different things. You can't make the claim that his behavior wasn't influenced by the culture he was seeped in. When are they seperate?

Naz1234

HSC

The only reason we know this happened is because of the media though. I think what you actually want is for the media not to report on bad things that minorities do.
Look at how women in Muslim countries don't really have a lot of power regarding sexual rights though. Different groups believe different things. You can't make the claim that his behavior wasn't influenced by the culture he was seeped in. When are they seperate?

Its not what I want from the media. Its what the media wants from us.Yes we know of this because of the media. But to
what extent is the reports of the media true? To what extent are they a reflection of what actually happens in reality? Anyone could bribe a journalist to write a top-notch article that is assumed to be true, when in fact is not. And we as the public will read that article believing it to be true 100%.

And how do you know these women in those countries don't have much power over their sexual right? who told you that? What source helped you make that statement? Just because they are not following the ways of the western world it means they don't have sexual rights?

Rape is rape, and murder is murder. If they are committed then they committed, its not necessary for the public to know that the person who committed it was of a particular background. What matters is that its committed and those irresponsible should be dealt with by the law. The law will not look at the case from the perspective of the person being a Muslim, or an African or an Asian.

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm neither condoning nor condemning this person's action, but everyone has the right to appeal a sentence. Who are we as society to deny a person to access this right, and then judge him upon accessing his rights. We can reject his appeal, but there is nothing wrong with the fact that he is appealing. We can all bicker amongst ourselves if his appeal is successful and argue all day about whether or not he should be put back into prison, but only if his appeal is successful.

HSC
Uni Grad

Originally Posted by loversinjapan

Thank you for that Loverinjapan. Although it was a question posed to SylviaB. SylviaB it seems that you have completely misunderstood the whole case and concept. The case has therefore nothing to do with his religion. Yet I find it quite amusing as your title for this forum assumes a discussion about Muslims being allowed to rape... Such is life comprised of humans unable to think freely. Don't listen to the media.

Henceforth, SylviaB I strongly reccomend that you review these "unreliable sources" and even though unreliable, try to understand the concepts and legal issues behind it. That is, an issue of consent in sexual assault, where ISLAM IS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION.

Have a good day
Yes I have to agree with this. Can an admin please change the title of the post because quite frankly the title is rather ostracising.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Personally, I don't give a fuck where you come from, what religion you are or what culture you grew up in. The fact that you're in Australia means that you follow Australian laws - what's 100% unacceptable here should be punished appropriately. If you come to Australia and want to keep gross "culture", go back to where ever you came from where it is acceptable.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I don't give a fuck where you come from, what religion you are or what culture you grew up in. The fact that you're in Australia means that you follow Australian laws - what's 100% unacceptable here should be punished appropriately. If you come to Australia and want to keep gross "culture", go back to where ever you came from where it is acceptable.
+1, that sort of culture should not be imposed here.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Islam is the bigger problem in general. Yes, some people are Muslim and fine - typically those who convert to the faith or were raised less strictly.

We are seeing entire ghetto Islamic slums forming where if you are a woman you are looked at like a slut if you aren't wearing a hijab.

I don't have a problem with the religion itself. The problem is that the values of a large number of people who have grown up with the religion (and not converted to it later in life) and the environment it festers seem to hold values that are at odds with Australian values and values seemingly held by most Christians, atheists, Buddhists etc.

The Buddhist population in Australia is larger than the Islamic population. Although you don't hear about them (buddhists) on the news each night and the police don't have special taskforces set up to deal with them as the values practiced by most Buddhists are acceptable and non violent.

I know some people say that Islam is a non violent religion. I recognise that although it seems many people who practice Islam have violent and somewhat barbaric tendencies.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)