• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

RATE my 5 related texts!!! (1 Viewer)

t1ff4ny

HSC
Hey guys, my assessment is due in the second week back! Along with a in class assessment and to top it all off both tasks are only worth around 15% together :mad: so frustrating!!
With the 5 related text i choose i need to fill out a record sheet! Its pretty simple though time consuming but the real problem is that I’m not really sure about my text (I’ve just chosen them so its not to late to change) they are -

-‘I Have a Dream’, by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (speech)

-Daffodils (1804) by William Wordsworth (poem)

- Holy Grail – The Band Hunters And Collectors (lyrics)

-The Wizard Of Oz (1939) - Director Richard Thorpe (movie)

-Ulysses deriding Polyphemus - Homer's Odyssey - Turner, Joseph Mallord William (painting)

The texts need to be relatied to imaginative journeys and need to be in different forms, which I’ve managed.

If any one has opinions on these text or any information relating them to imaginative journeys i'd realy appreciate it...

the nameless

HSC
hey,
unfortunatly the speech "i have a dream" is in the hsc reading list n we cant use it as a chosen related text i already tried 2 use it but my teacher sed i couldnt which is crap cause its a good 1.

IMTB

HSC
hmm one of my fd is using 'i have a dream' so I think it depends on ur school, u should ask ur teacher about it...I agree it is a good one. Ur other choices are pretty good too but I think my teacher said somehting about not having both lyrics and poem as they r pretty similar....and with lyrics there isnt much to talk about?
hope that helps. gluck! :D

HSC
Daffodils goes really well with the poems of S.T. Coleridge if you guys are studying that...fellow Romantic and all that...

As for MLK's speech, you can use most likely get away with its use in school if your critical study isnt "speeches" (because thats one of them)...but definitely do not use that for the HSC, because the marker isnt going to know you didnt study that during your school..

Wizard of Oz is good.

Not familiar with the others...

Pick two or three good ones and be familiar with them, the most you will ever have to write about in any given assessment task is two....

EDIT: Oh just realised this was for a related text folio or similar...I thought you were talking about using these texts in an essay or something...whoops

Last edited:

jake-89

HSC
hey,
i am doing the same chosen texts as u- Wizard of Oz, Holy grail.
So maybe we can give each other a hand during the year. I still dont know what stimulus text to choose.. what one do u think best relate to the chosen texts? Do u have any good concepts that cover the wizard of oz, tempest and holy grail? im doing an assessment and im trying to think of things that they have in common but have found it pretty difficult. We r suppposed to use themes for the song lyrics instead of characters but they still didnt help me much..

jakethesnake__89@hotmail.com (double underscore)

add me if u want to exchange ideas about texts...
Catchya.

t1ff4ny

HSC
ahah s0 im parcticlly d0ne with that essay!! its over 20 pages && i cnt believe its only w0rth 5% of my school mark!! equallliing around 2.5% of my HSc am i rite :S ??

all i have too do is edit itt!! and its due on thursdai... the same day i have to write a inclass feature article!! whichh i have prepared & now have to remember.... :mad: i was thinkin of usin my ipod!!

h0wever i still have too change my twechniqes ect to reffer to my threadd :( i think im running out of timee!!!
btw jake-89 i change my texts a little and im not doingg tempest unfortunatly :( coleidge all thee way :D ahah

laterrz...

lisarowe

HSC
thhey are good texts but all are commonly used! so if a teacher is marking all these assesments with all the same texts, having texts that stand out are not guaranteed to get you extra marks but, will get a teacher onside and willing to give marks.

sam2423

HSC
t1ff4ny said:
Hey guys, my assessment is due in the second week back! Along with a in class assessment and to top it all off both tasks are only worth around 15% together :mad: so frustrating!!
With the 5 related text i choose i need to fill out a record sheet! Its pretty simple though time consuming but the real problem is that I’m not really sure about my text (I’ve just chosen them so its not to late to change) they are -

-‘I Have a Dream’, by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (speech)

-Daffodils (1804) by William Wordsworth (poem)

- Holy Grail – The Band Hunters And Collectors (lyrics)

-The Wizard Of Oz (1939) - Director Richard Thorpe (movie)

-Ulysses deriding Polyphemus - Homer's Odyssey - Turner, Joseph Mallord William (painting)

The texts need to be relatied to imaginative journeys and need to be in different forms, which I’ve managed.

If any one has opinions on these text or any information relating them to imaginative journeys i'd realy appreciate it...
I really need some related texts and I want to do a painting. Could you give me some ideas of the meanings, techniques, journey etc in Ulysses deriding Polyphemus?
Thanks

Jade-reagan1234

HSC
hey i was just wondering do u have ene notes for the 'i have a dream speech' as im doing it as my related material for the tempest along with the wizard of oz n im having quite a few troubles with it so i would realli appreciate ur help
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)