rating of the mathematics extension 1 textbooks (1 Viewer)

AusHam

HSC
Ive bought what I believe are to be most of the maths extension 1 textbooks, so here is my
quick review of each of them

Maths in Focus - Easy to understand, plenty of worked examples, good explanations but no exam style questions and too much similarity in style of questions

New Senior Maths - Easy to understand, good variety of examples and exercises, but no exam style questions I consider this to be the best to learn from

Cambridge Maths - well explained, but I find this book to be the most difficult in terms of the exercises. It definitely covers
a lot of exam style questions

HeroWise

HSC
Anyway, I agree with ur ratings, but personally if u had coroneos i would tie it with cambridge
The book is just too good man.

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
lol here we go again
another one of those threads

P.S. new syllabus next year. new textbooks! let's have a full blown debate at start of next year. wait, who am i kidding, we're going ot have one regardless of what i say :)

I don't see the coroneos textbook being updated, since jim's passed away. what a shame. MiF is v similar to current iteration, I've seen the uncorrected page proofs. cambridge is being updated to include a LOT more easier questions, and i hope more worked examples and simpler language. let's see.

HeroWise

HSC
Well rest in peace jim, but his legacy still lives on, i like the cambridge and coronoeus is because of the few questions which actually go beyond the hsc scope. The syllabus is too limited and i think they are great for people who loves maths in general or want to practice hard qtns.

I think making cambridge qtns easier kinda shows where the australian education system is heading to lmao. They had to withdraw the "below 75% national average thing cant do hsc" bs.

HeroWise

HSC
i prefer his 4u book more but its still really goood there arre some challnging ones, i havent done much of terry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)