Rationale thread (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Thought we could post up our rationales to give eachother an idea of what our IPs were about. Please share! Here is mine-

anchor

HSC
Impressive. Most of my class wrote their performance rationales an hour and a half before the markers arrived.

I didn't do a performance IP, but your rationale looks impressive. Good luck with that.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Oh thanks! It was a little rushed but it doesn't really matter (its not marked anyhow). Do you have a rationale for whatever it is you did for IP? If so, post away!

Any other performers have rationales? Or if not, I'm just interested in the sort of pieces people did, so summaries or anything would be welcome.

Skitzo

HSC
Rationales are okay, but stupid me did mine within the space of the 20minutes before it was due. Each of yours seem to be appropriate for what ever you'se did for your IP's, l read a couple but not to many as l couldnt be bothered. Good luck!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wow you guys have some really good ideas. specially yours fleepbasding :p

on a completely unrelated topic, where did u get your av from skitzo? it looks oddly familiar.

chlochlo17

haya does anyone know if it has to be 300 words cuz mine goes over n its like hard to cut down cuz..yeh ..i duno...wat yous think...is a page n a bit long alrite??? ahhh hsc performances tomorrow!!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
chlochlo17 said:
haya does anyone know if it has to be 300 words cuz mine goes over n its like hard to cut down cuz..yeh ..i duno...wat yous think...is a page n a bit long alrite??? ahhh hsc performances tomorrow!!!
yes itll be fine.

good luck. give it all youve got.

uberschveinen

HSC
Here's mine, just finished it then. If I finish typing up my script, I'll stick it on here too.

lou22

HSC
hey
does anyone know if we have to have a gp rationale as well?
goodness me hsc performance on monday!

butterflyxx

HSC
Does the rationale get marked as part of our HSC? Or just the performance? What about when they interview us? Do they mark us on how we answer it as well?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
butterflyxx said:
Does the rationale get marked as part of our HSC? Or just the performance? What about when they interview us? Do they mark us on how we answer it as well?
your rationale isnt marked; it's used to verify your aims in creating the performance, what it was about etc, clarifying anything the markers were unsure about, and to ensure it's your work (which is also the chief purpose of the interaction after, as far as i can see.) and the interview is not marked either. that doesnt mean it's not important, but dont stress over the interview, they cant do anything to you mark-wise if you dont know what to say. but it's probably best to try and be articulate and answer confidently so they dont get suspicious about plagiarism bla bla bla. our teacher really pushed that one.

uberschveinen

HSC
If your performance is easily understandable and well done, the rationale is irrelevant.
If your performance is extremely complex or has more depth than is easily visible, the rationale is vital.
If your performance is good but shallow, the rationale will be critical and made of lies and buzzwords, else poor marks are incoming.
If you bugger up your performance, the rationale may just save the day.
If your performance is crap, you likely haven't written a rationale, despite the fact that it's probably your only means of clawing some marks.

butterflyxx

HSC
They asked me 2 questions and i didn't know how to answer it cos i was still in character -.-" i was like, half crying cos my character was an emo.

Thank goodness i have bullshit skills and wrote my rationale.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
butterflyxx said:
They asked me 2 questions and i didn't know how to answer it cos i was still in character -.-" i was like, half crying cos my character was an emo.

Thank goodness i have bullshit skills and wrote my rationale.
i dont think u have bullshit skillzzz

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
man i've written and re written my rationale so many times... i have finally settled on one i am happy with...i know it's not marked, etc, but the perfectionist in me wont let even the smallest thing slip past in regards to this exam, lol. my first attempt at it was rather lazy, just barely a step up from doing dot points...then i was like 'you can do so much better than that' which prompted the many re drafts and edits. now its over the word limit but i figure they can deal with that, its only one typed page.
and to everyone who has been examined, i hope you went brilliantly...and equally good luck to everyone who still has to go (thursday!!!! eep)

uberschveinen

HSC
Sound useless to me, really. All they want is an explanation infested with key words and syllabus points. The ultimate test of any rationale-type thing is always buzzword bingo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)