Raw band cutoffs? (1 Viewer)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Does anyone know (approximately) the raw band cutoffs for IPT over the past few years?
Thanks

danz90

HSC
i'd like to know as well.. do u need like >90 raw for 90/100 aligned? lol

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Jerruy said:
6: 83+
5: 76-83
4. 70-76
3. 65-70
THAT IS EFFING BRILLIANT.
Please be similar this year...Coz I will definitely get a band 6 XD
Does that mean that, in 2006, 83=90, 84=91, 85=92 and so forth? Huge seven-mark jump...?
Perhaps the cutoff will be higher this year because the test was fairly straightforward and simple.

Rampager

HSC
Uh, I doubt its 83+ for a band 6... You guys do realise how easy the IPT course is, this doesn't really scale up unless everyone sucks ass. Which won't happen, all things considered.

>90 RAW almost definitely needed for a Band 6.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Rampager said:
Uh, I doubt its 83+ for a band 6... You guys do realise how easy the IPT course is, this doesn't really scale up unless everyone sucks ass, but a select few dont.

>90 almost definitely needed for a Band 6.
Yeah, it is fairly simple, haa. Can't argue with that.
Unless everyone sucked (seems like most people hated how there was so many issues in the paper) 88 may get us a band 6? Please?!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
ctrlaltv said:
around 80 to get band 6, give or take 3. Hope its take =)
Wow that's so different from this opinion:

rampager said:
Uh, I doubt its 83+ for a band 6... You guys do realise how easy the IPT course is, this doesn't really scale up unless everyone sucks ass...

>90 RAW almost definitely needed for a Band 6.
Where did you get your estimate from, ctrlaltv?
I'm hoping you're right =D

ctrlaltv

HSC
fallenstar, every subject aligns higher then its raw mark. it's the UAC scaling that scales the subject down, not aligning.
a raw mark of 80% in any subject is generally about 90, give or take a few marks.
for example: 82/105 (80%) in english was aligned to 90 in last year's Advanced English.
last years 2U math: 94/120 (78%) was aligned to 90.

so it would make sense that a raw mark of 80 give or take a few would align to 90.
it all depends on the quality of the cohort. this years test was relatively easy (in my opinion), so the cutoff would be like 81/82/83. hope I helped =)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
ctrlaltv said:
fallenstar, every subject aligns higher then its raw mark. it's the UAC scaling that scales the subject down, not aligning.
a raw mark of 80% in any subject is generally about 90, give or take a few marks.
for example: 82/105 (80%) in english was aligned to 90 in last year's Advanced English.

so it would make sense that a raw mark of 80 give or take a few would align to 90.
it all depends on the quality of the cohort. this years test was relatively easy (in my opinion), so the cutoff would be like 81/82/83. hope I helped =)
Thank you! I'm hoping so much you're right.
and if you are, I'm also set for English. Woo.

hujikolp

HSC
hmmm.. i don't know whether to trust any of this...
just wait ill your marks come out.. try not to predict you might get a band 6.. cos if u don't then u'll be upset :(

Currypower

HSC
hujikolp said:
just wait ill your marks come out.. try not to predict you might get a band 6.. cos if u don't then u'll be upset :(
smartest thing I've read in this thread.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
hujikolp said:

good idea, haha.

T

Troy2287

ctrlaltv said:

Thank god someone has a brain! I hate when people confuse aligning with scaling :rolleyes:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Troy2287 said:
Thank god someone has a brain! I hate when people confuse aligning with scaling :rolleyes:
You must be permanently frustrated then.

T

Troy2287

fallenstar said:
You must be permanently frustrated then.
Yeah, you could say that. I think it's because everyone worries around HSC exam time and surfs the net for a site to talk about it on...and since they know shit all about how the marking works, it becomes a mess!

Muchi

HSC
hey, so i did hopelessly at school for ipt and got exactly 70, i hardly studied for it coz it boredd me but in the final exam, i had spare 2 min and i wrote what i could and i estimated my mark to be 82%, so would i be scaled up to a band 5, coz my friend says im gonna flunk the hsc for this subject coz i didnt do well at school and also that this subject scales u down....wouldve picked my subjects differently if i got to know about this whole scaling thing. could someone please help me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)