Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 90-95

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 95-100

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

nomza

HSC
If someone gives me a rough idea of what we had to write for question 28 b) then I'll be able to give a more accurate idea -- but I'd say about 75-80

Sarah J

HSC
since I screwed up the aggie section I have no idea.

I wish we could get the papers back with our marks written on each thing, because we don't get to find out how we went in each particular section, do we? Or even the exam by itself?

nomza

HSC
sarah j -- that dancer is fucking hypnotising....

I_see_U_P

did anyone of you do minoans if so what the hell did you guys do for the fresco question????

Killah33

For the frescoes, i wrote about: 1) What they are, 2) What they depict - i.e. natural imagery, palatial and daily life, 3) cited examples and discussed how they reflected Minoan lifestyle

Thats what ya needed to do

Does anyone else reckon that the writing booklet for Section II sucks? i mean, stuff using their stupid notion of what an answer is within crappy amount of lines!

Anyhoo, all good :D

Jellymonsta

i liked the section 2 paper. I write really small, so when i fill up all the lines, i know that i would have written more than most people would have :)

Killah33

Well yeh, i had to write ULTRA-small to fit everything in.... silly silly BOS......silly silly

nomza

HSC
that's nice making people feel bad.....

but what I did, I just got another booklet and tied it to the stupid answer sheet -- damn BOS, you're not gonna restrict me!!!

ben

Raw mark? Do you mean the "exam mark" we get on our report or the actual mark we probably got e.g. 20/25 + 21/25 + 15/20 whatever?

Arch-man

i blitzed everything bar Section 4, Question 58a. Bloody hell, the two bits of Rome I didn't study!

Arch-man

Despite the fact I type my exams, I had a look at the answer booklet for Seciton 2, and I agree it was pretty bad. I did a truckload for answers c, d and e and the answer booklet would not have covered all my needs for that.

nomza

HSC
Asquithian -- I did EXACTLY everything you did.....should be fine I reckon.....

ben

Section II booklet is designed so that people don't waste time on the section. You should be easily able to get full marks for each question if you write concisely and know your facts. Writing on second booklets will likely not gain you extra marks (because you've either blitz the question earier on, or you're on the wrong track completely).... i think anyway.

evie

I agree with ben.
I was going to go for another booklet but decided to keep it concise and to the point. They wouldn't have given us that type of booklet if they wanted us to go on and on about it.

nomza

HSC
Hey,

It depends on the question people. If they are asking you a question that is broad and encompasses a lot of factors then you have to cover your bases. Don't forget it said to leave 45 mins in that section, by the time I finished that answer sheet I still had 20 minutes left to spare, so I fulfilled that with the next booklet....

ALSO, take into account people with larger writing that can't be contained well.

Stop unintentionally getting people down -- some people need extra booklets, no need to debate about it...

Arch-man

The only reason I wrote a ton of info for Section 2 was that I was taught 2 facts for every mark. So for a 12 mark question, I needed 24 facts backed by evidence (historians, primary sources, etc.)

Although in hindsight, I think my teacher may have taught what my Mod. teacher calls: 'overkilling a question'.

Ah well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)