Raw Marks Application Form (Pro-forma) (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Their website does indeed appear to be incorrect. The Act only provides for fee reductions for special public benefit or financial hardship. Further the regulations provide:

Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2009
9 Discounted processing charge

An agency is required to reduce, by 50%, the processing charge payable under the Act for dealing with an access application if the applicant provides evidence that the applicant:
(a) is the holder of a Pensioner Concession card issued by the Commonwealth that is in force, or
(b) is a full-time student, or
(c) is a non-profit organisation (including a person applying for or on behalf of a non-profit organisation).

Otherwise the Act fixes the amount specifically at $30. They are fully entitled to demand $30 from you unless you can show you fall under one of the above categories. (I imagine they mixed up children and students or they reversed a decision to reduce fees for children.)

paul5666

HSC
Complain to the Office of Fair Trading or something? If their website is incorrect - then why don't they fix it?
I talked to the Information Commisioner's office and tehy said by law they can request $30 and that the website isn't binding? They say I can negotiate.
I'm going to ring the GIPA guy back at BOS. His name is Steven Parkes it seems.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, now we know. Thanks paul5666!

Good luck in your application.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Their website does indeed appear to be incorrect. The Act only provides for fee reductions for special public benefit or financial hardship. Further the regulations provide:

Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2009
9 Discounted processing charge

An agency is required to reduce, by 50%, the processing charge payable under the Act for dealing with an access application if the applicant provides evidence that the applicant:
(a) is the holder of a Pensioner Concession card issued by the Commonwealth that is in force, or
(b) is a full-time student, or
(c) is a non-profit organisation (including a person applying for or on behalf of a non-profit organisation).

Otherwise the Act fixes the amount specifically at $30. They are fully entitled to demand $30 from you unless you can show you fall under one of the above categories. (I imagine they mixed up children and students or they reversed a decision to reduce fees for children.)
Wouldn't most HSC students have a student concession card? So it would be $15 for pretty much everyone.

paul5666

HSC
Discount of 50% only applies to processing charges and not the initial application fee of $15.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
GIPA Co-ordinator, Mr. Fowles or something...

paul5666

HSC
Hey guys,

Just got an official letter scanned and attached by email sent to me telling me my application is invalid due to me only paying $15 for the GIPA application.

So just an advance warning for others, please pay the full $30 for your application. There is no discount on this application fee even if you are a child, student, in financial hardship, etc.

The extra $15 isn't really worth the review process or anything. I'm just going to go back into the city tomorrow to pay it.

GregoryB

HSC
About to mail mine off now. Does anyone know who exactly we make the cheque out to?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I made mine out to "Office of the Board of Studies NSW"

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If anyone is interested, I just got a small package from the Board of Studies stating that my application under the GIPA Act has been declared valid and the inquiry must be completed within 20 days of receiving the letter today. I obviously used the pro-forma I uploaded, so there you go, it works.

I also heard from my English teacher that because they were releasing the opportunity to gain raw marks (in the more expensive method that BOS has suggested); the markers had to do it a little differently... Don't know exactly how though.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If anyone is interested, I just got a small package from the Board of Studies stating that my application under the GIPA Act has been declared valid and the inquiry must be completed within 20 days of receiving the letter today. I obviously used the pro-forma I uploaded, so there you go, it works.

I also heard from my English teacher that because they were releasing the opportunity to gain raw marks (in the more expensive method that BOS has suggested); the markers had to do it a little differently... Don't know exactly how though.
Awesome! :D

I hope the old threads are restored soon; I'll prepare the Technical Arcana forum for the flood of 2010 raw marks...

edit: when you say "declared valid", what exactly do you mean? Does it say something more than a typical acknowledgement letter would?

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Awesome! :D

I hope the old threads are restored soon; I'll prepare the Technical Arcana forum for the flood of 2010 raw marks...

edit: when you say "declared valid", what exactly do you mean? Does it say something more than a typical acknowledgement letter would?
It has all the legal rigmaroll and whatnot, telling me about my rights and that the decision would be come to within 20 days of receiving the notice. Basically, it was just acknowledging the validity of my application, and that they warned there could be processing fees. They talked about the internal review process as well.

Nothing too exciting, but good to know that some progress is occurring with my application.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Okay, so it just said that the application is valid, rather than saying yes or no to your request. Still, good to know it's being processed. :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hopefully they're successful!

They'll be like my Christmas present to my school - the gift of more knowledge... of the aligning process.

suling

HSC
I'm thinking of applying as well, mainly because I want to see how much my marks were inflated. :p

No way did I deserve a 96 for biology. Especially seeing as I didn't really complete any of this one 4 mark question.

Edit: what is the easiest way to apply? Wait for this new system BOS is introducing? I don't think I would be to good with any legal crap :/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)