Raw Marks Application Form (Pro-forma) (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Basically. They generally try to send the decision letter with the actual documents, so you'll probably be able to tell whether it's been approved or denied on the basis of the size of the correspondence when it arrives next month - denied will be just a letter, approved will be a parcel of documents like you've never seen them before...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They pay for the postage... right? Or will that be part of my 'application processing fee' that I'll have to pay?

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why are people so determined to get raw marks back? Its a waste of money, time, and puts extra stress on you which you dont need. You sat the HSC to get an ATAR and go to uni, NOT to prove a point and get "kicka$$" results in the HSC. Grow up!

ajdlinux

HSC
They pay for the postage... right? Or will that be part of my 'application processing fee' that I'll have to pay?
Yes, they cover postage (ostensibly one of the reasons for charging fees).

Why are people so determined to get raw marks back? Its a waste of money, time, and puts extra stress on you which you dont need. You sat the HSC to get an ATAR and go to uni, NOT to prove a point and get "kicka$$" results in the HSC. Grow up!
Because some of us are:
a) curious (this is the main one)
b) concerned about the system and want to keep BOS accountable
c) want to be able to explain the system to the next year of HSC students

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually want mine to give to teachers and let them see what marks they'd give on the scripts, to see if their marking is up to scratch and help improve their teaching and marking methods. Also, no-one in my school really understood the aligning and moderating process except for me, so I would like to educate.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why are people so determined to get raw marks back? Its a waste of money, time, and puts extra stress on you which you dont need.
Extra stress? Time? It was just writing a letter and sending it away. $30 is a small price to pay for a good Christmas present.

I think my school will very much enjoy my raw marks and scripts - and show them better how the HSC is marked and also teach them about aligning and moderating. I know one of my teachers always got confused between aligning and scaling.

You sat the HSC to get an ATAR and go to uni, NOT to prove a point and get "kicka$$" results in the HSC. Grow up!
What? No, I sat the HSC partly to win the fervour of the woman I love... <_<

Now if that plan works is another story. And a more depressing and less successful one at that. For now.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Extra stress? Time? It was just writing a letter and sending it away. $30 is a small price to pay for a good Christmas present.

I think my school will very much enjoy my raw marks and scripts - and show them better how the HSC is marked and also teach them about aligning and moderating. I know one of my teachers always got confused between aligning and scaling.

What? No, I sat the HSC partly to win the fervour of the woman I love... <_<

Now if that plan works is another story. And a more depressing and less successful one at that. For now.
How do you feel that my ATAR is almost as high as yours, and I did subjects which are considered "impossible" with which to achieve an ATAR of above 90? Sad that you wasted all that time on: 1) ext english major work, 2) 4U math, 3) sciences lololololol

ajdlinux

HSC
How do you feel that my ATAR is almost as high as yours, and I did subjects which are considered "impossible" with which to achieve an ATAR of above 90? Sad that you wasted all that time on: 1) ext english major work, 2) 4U math, 3) sciences lololololol
Your ATAR is a point higher than mine, and I don't care at all, because I wanted an actual education, and thus don't consider 4U a waste of time.

Now back on topic, please.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I underwent some... well, very ill-timed surgery in April. Thus, I contend that if I had the two months I spent recuperating - I'd be into the 99+ range that people here expected me to be in, and getting in the 97-99 range I think I am capable of.

Let me just say, studying kinda becomes not a priority when you think: "Hmm, should I really be studying for an exam which I might not be alive for?"

And thus, I'd say the subjects I took are worth it for that. And because I like my subjects. I like all of them. Hence an un-recommended 14 units. Besides, I loved writing my story, along with doing maths and sciences. To get out of it - I got a better grasp of the English language, I have a greater appreciation of mathematics as a thing that explains the world but also as a language, and a beautiful one at that - I now have a working grasp of how superconductors work and what they are, I now know how miniscule amounts of substances are measured.

I'm a curious mind. And I took sciences to quench my thirst. In fact, I was quite delighted when I learned how tastebuds worked last night.

-----

And to go back on topic... in my letter I received back - I had all these choices to review: internal, ADT, Information Commissioner... which should I pick? I'm thinking the IC because the Internal costs $40 and if the IC fails, I can go to the ADT.

ajdlinux

HSC
And to go back on topic... in my letter I received back - I had all these choices to review: internal, ADT, Information Commissioner... which should I pick? I'm thinking the IC because the Internal costs $40 and if the IC fails, I can go to the ADT.
Definitely the OIC first - it's a less formal, non-binding review, but when dealing with the bureaucracy it always helps to do that first. If you go to the ADT, you'll need to do your own legal research and be prepared to present your case before the tribunal if you don't have an advocate.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'll have to do... public speaking? %@#! no.

Some people say they're bad at public speaking - I got 4/20 in a public speaking assessment in Year 10. Granted, I was reading the McDonald's menu and spent half the time period laughing.

(And for those of you who go to the same school I do - hey! I'm the reason you now have set topics for public speaking! Ain't I awesome? =P)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Good idea. I guess they'd even do it for free due to the invaluable experience they'd get!

paul5666

HSC
What =\
Your application got denied? Or is this a preemptive plan?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, pre-emptive.

I'm wondering whether to address the next letter - if there will be one - to Stephen Parkes instead of 'GIPA Co-Ordinator'.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
=
b) concerned about the system and want to keep BOS accountable
c) want to be able to explain the system to the next year of HSC students
which is why i'll be sure to visit the site next year when this stuff comes out.. so make sure u guys post them!

besides i could guesstimate my raw marks which shouldnt be too different from last years anyway

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I actually think he signed it - with a pen! It's blue and it stands out.

It's a nice touch, and a far cry from other letters I receive in which pixelation can be seen... or the fading due to photocopying.

Unless you're like my school principal - who has a signature that is the same every single time - but appears to be written with ink. So to this day, I'm still not sure if he pastes his own signature into the document or if he signs it himself with pen...

ajdlinux

HSC
Generally if it's not a standardised or automatically generated letter it's signed with a pen - I've even gotten signed letters from Centrelink before. I really dislike the obviously pixellated ones though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)