Re B Comm/B Eco (1 Viewer)

S.T.P

HSC
hey, just wondering what is the go with applying for this course seeing as though it uses the same UAC number as B Comm, do u just say u wanna do Comm/Eco when you get in?
thanks in advance.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
That's correct, once you have the offer you select the relevent program.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
If you are successful with getting in, UNSW will notify you online and give you access to a site where you can accept your offer and choose the specifics of your degree. Pretty straight forward so don't bother worrying about it until you actually get accepted first.

IceOnFire

HSC
Hey I got a question to ask about this degree and cbf creating a new thread

If I were to do a language as a major, do I still need to do the General Ed courses?

Will it be possible to do the language as a minor? Cuz I don't think I would have enough units to accomodate 3 majors. Otherwise I would be 1 course over the degree limit. Will it be possible to take that 1 extra course in order to allow me obtain all 3 majors?

Thanks

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
IceOnFire said:
Hey I got a question to ask about this degree and cbf creating a new thread

If I were to do a language as a major, do I still need to do the General Ed courses?

Will it be possible to do the language as a minor? Cuz I don't think I would have enough units to accomodate 3 majors. Otherwise I would be 1 course over the degree limit. Will it be possible to take that 1 extra course in order to allow me obtain all 3 majors?

Thanks
1 course over the degree limit? As in you won't finish on time? Because quite simply, there isn't anything such as a degree limit. You finish when you finish, basically. However, the answer to your question is pretty simple...

If you need to do geneds (which im 99% sure that you will have to), just do them over the summer break. They're generally piss-easy and last like a week or so i think (depends).

As for the language as a minor, I'm not really sure but I'd guess so. Just send an email enquiry to the Australian School of Business. From past experience, they're pretty helpful in answering your questions.

I have to admit, the main reason why people do com/eco is to get that extra eco degree/major.

IceOnFire

HSC
Ok this is what I mean by going over the limit. For my degree I need to do:
6 core courses
8 in eco section
10 in one of my commerce majors in order to allow me to get my exemptions
2 in Gen Ed

Which leaves me with 6 in language which is not enough for a major, but adequate for a minor

Therefore can I do that extra course in order to get my major? Or is this going to get more complicated

Thanks for answering my questions btw

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
IceOnFire said:
Ok this is what I mean by going over the limit. For my degree I need to do:
6 core courses
8 in eco section
10 in one of my commerce majors in order to allow me to get my exemptions
2 in Gen Ed

Which leaves me with 6 in language which is not enough for a major, but adequate for a minor

Therefore can I do that extra course in order to get my major? Or is this going to get more complicated

Thanks for answering my questions btw
Yeah, definitely send an email to the ASB about it. Since this is goin into languages (which i basically consider arts/social sci territory), best thing is to ask them about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)