Re-doing HSC units at tafe (1 Viewer)

frenchy

If i decided to do a few subjects again at tafe, for the hsc (since i did bad in them last yr), when they re-calculate for uai, does it become a limited uai? Does it make much of a difference?
Also can i do those units as well as study at tafe for a certificate?

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Originally posted by frenchy

It may be different in Victoria, but I am sure you can. There was a lady in my Eng class last year doing the EN/RN Div 2 course - didn't seem to have a problem juggling both the course she was doing and her VCE - however I can't be certain if she was doing the course full time or part time.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by frenchy
If i decided to do a few subjects again at tafe, for the hsc (since i did bad in them last yr), when they re-calculate for uai, does it become a limited uai? Does it make much of a difference?

No it doesn't become a Limited UAI. It only becomes LUAI when you turn 20 on or before 1st March 2004 (Assuming you sit the HSC) and you sit between 5 to 9 units (in one go you cant accumulate a LUAI)

Does it make much of a difference?
Yes because your UAI will change because your doing a few of your subjects again and it will be recalculated and it may go up or down but most likely you will get a higher one as you tend to keep the high subject marks.

s_a

I'd just like to add, TAFE in NSW recommends that we should not opt for more than 3 subjects - whether you're repeating the subjects or not, for the year.

The reason for this is because the Preliminary and HSC will be taught within a year and that means you're required to learn much more within a shorter amount of time.

I'm still considering repeating some subjects at TAFE this year...

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Sometimes repeating is a good idea as it helps to improve your UAI and less pressure second time round as you have the experiance from the previous attempt and maybe the workload is less as your not doing that many subjects.

santaslayer

HSC
but it can also be a crap idea if ur not planning to achieve a quantam leap from where u left off so the choice is really urs.

s_a

Originally posted by Dingo2004
i repeated last year
muaeheahaehae
good luck to you pal
Everyone said that when I told them I was going to repeat. There must be something to it all...

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Repeating may not be for everyone. It is also up to the individual who repeats and weather he/she does actually change their work habit to improve their marks from before so if a person who is considered lazy and never does their work than repeating will be a waste of time while if someone else repeated and they change there work habit than it will work for them and they get better marks.

umakaka

HSC
N/A
I have just finished my 2009 HSC and is thinking of redo-ing some of the subjects again @ liverpool tafe to get a better ATAR, keeping some of my highest marks. I'm just wondering if i HAVE to do preliminary and HSC together in one year. i just want to do yr 12 HSC :S or is this depending on which tafe i go to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)