re evelyn (1988)? (1 Viewer)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
evelyn went to the surrogate parents since (legally) the birth mother is classified as the mother and parent. As such, surrogacy contracts do not hold up in court (but they influence the decision).

santaslayer

HSC
fruitbonbon17 said:
can i just get this straight, did evelyn go to the surrogate parents or the birth parents?
Evelyn eventually lived with the biological parent. The other 'parent' (surrogate mother) had the responsibility for the long term care, welfare and development of the child instead. Contact was given to the surrogate parent.

santaslayer

HSC
mazza_728 said:
What happened in this case? I guess it has to do with family law but i have not come across it.
Appeal against parenting orders. Mrs X had an hysterectomy due to cancer in the ovaries. Mrs Y offered to have Mrs X's baby for her and was inseminated with Mr X's sperm. Surrogacy agreement had been finalised. After Evelyn was born, Mr and Mrs X took baby to Brisbane,. Mrs Y underestimated the effects of separation and asked for Evelyn back.
Judgement= previous post. :)

ally86f

novice
HSC
i think the point of the case is not who the baby went to, but the fact that the "best interests of the child" was considered paramount and that was in line with our obligations under CROC... international law point...etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)