• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Re: Practice Physics Exam (1 Viewer)

laptopman_01

HSC
Hey guys

I had to do this practice physics exam and i came across this question which i had heaps of trouble with. i can't seem to figure it out! can any1 help me??

the question reads:

"Given that the moon is 60 Earth-radii from the Earth's centre and the acceleration due to gravity at the Earth's surface is 9.8ms^-2, calculate the acceleration of the moon towards the Earth."

if any1 could help me out then it would be greatly appreciated!

Paul9000

HSC
Hey this is just a suggestion but why don't u use your textbook ya bludger! stop bludging shit off other people

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
:burn::burn::burn:it is straight there in your book get it out read it and if you don't undstand it still HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THROUGH YEAR 11???:confused::confused::confused: i have noticed that every 1 of your posts are getting answers for yourself. "it is greater to give a gift to other than to recieve."

Help goes both ways buddy

laptopman_01

HSC
Sorry guys! i didn't mean to offend any1! by the way glen i have helped by offering advice in several other threads mate

Last edited:

laptopman_01

HSC
Paul9000 said:
Hey this is just a suggestion but why don't u use your textbook ya bludger! stop bludging shit off other people
Hey paul! ur not funny mate! i'll see u at school tomorrow!!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
laptopman_01 said:
Hey guys

I had to do this practice physics exam and i came across this question which i had heaps of trouble with. i can't seem to figure it out! can any1 help me??

the question reads:

"Given that the moon is 60 Earth-radii from the Earth's centre and the acceleration due to gravity at the Earth's surface is 9.8ms^-2, calculate the acceleration of the moon towards the Earth."

if any1 could help me out then it would be greatly appreciated!
this one is a deceptively easy question. its just been worded around a bit to confuse people.

i wont answer the question for you, but i will give u a hint:

Use Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, do some algebraic work and substitute appropriate values to get ur answer.

hope this helps, M.D.

Blue View

HSC
As Mountain Dew stated, it is a deceptively easy question. The key is basically in the wording of the question. If u need any more help than don't be afraid to ask. I would be quite willing to answer any questions that you may have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)