• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Re: to fail year 11 preliminary (1 Viewer)

khadijasyed

HSC
N/A
Hmm i'm confused, so we DO have to pass all 12 subjects even though we only have to carry on with 10. ... and if we dont we have to repeat them, this is very scary. Surely thats not true... i hope :S

You have to satisfactorily complete at least 12 units for the Preliminary course. It doesn't matter if you're dropping two units, to satisfy the outcomes of the Preliminary course you must complete 12 units for Year 11. You only have to satisfactorily complete at least 10 for the HSC. Note, however, that "satisfactorily" does not mean "utterly blitz the course". You simply have to meet the outcomes, which isn't too difficult at all.

I_F
hey just wanna ask that what happens if you lyk fail ext sunbject eng/maths in yr 11 can u still proceed wif it in yr 12... pls reply asap! im short of tym

TheStallion

HSC
Yeah, if you fail it's fine, as long as you make an attempt - so basically, turn up for tests and hand the assignments in.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, if you fail it's fine, as long as you make an attempt - so basically, turn up for tests and hand the assignments in.
yes; but the teachers at our school went through that time and time again, far-out some people just dont seem to pay attention at school.

especially the History Faculty at my school repeated: "As long as you write something 'relevant' to the paper, u cannot be deemed as unsatisfactory.

But, its better to do OK in these prelims, as most of them at my school are of 40% or higher weightings towards the year 11 report. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)