re use of prelim course in hsc papers (1 Viewer)

DistantCube

HSC
I'm unsure, hence why I'm asking here first; however I read somewhere a while ago that only a certain percentage of a paper (namely maths, more specifically, maths ext 1) can contain prelim course work. Is this true? What is this percentage?

I'm asking because we sat a maths ext 1 midcourse exam worth 30% of internal and the paper comprised of 46/72 (64%) marks being allocated to preliminary course work.

(Needless to say, it was one of the harder 3u papers and I can guarantee 80% of a fairly decent cohort is going to fail)

So my Questions?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
This will need verification, but I think a maximum of 30% of the HSC exam can be comprised of Year 11 work (for Maths courses). For most, if not all other subjects, Year 11 work isn't explicitly examined but is assumed knowledge for the Year 12 course i.e. you need to know it.

richz

yes, u need to know preliminary stuff.. Look at the Board of studies website, and i think it says lke 20% prelim and 80% hsc. I have the sheet but ccb to get it :p

A l

HSC
N/A
DistantCube said:
I'm unsure, hence why I'm asking here first; however I read somewhere a while ago that only a certain percentage of a paper (namely maths, more specifically, maths ext 1) can contain prelim course work. Is this true? What is this percentage?

I'm asking because we sat a maths ext 1 midcourse exam worth 30% of internal and the paper comprised of 46/72 (64%) marks being allocated to preliminary course work.

(Needless to say, it was one of the harder 3u papers and I can guarantee 80% of a fairly decent cohort is going to fail)

So my Questions?
The EXTERNAL ASSESSMENTS require a certain percentage of the Preliminary course. Internal Assessments can be based on the whole Preliminary and HSC course. From the course description of Mathematics Extension 1, I recieved from school it says:

EXTERNAL ASSESSMENT:
Two written HSC examination papers. One paper is identical to the paper of three hours duration for the Mathematics (2 unit) course. The other paper, of two hours duration, is based on the Mathematics Extension 1 course and consists of seven questions of equal value.
No more than the equivalent of two questions will be based on the Preliminary course. Questions based on the Preliminary course can also be asked when they lead in to questions based on the HSC course.

INTERNAL ASSESSMENT:
Component A 70%
Component B 30%
(see 2 unit description)
School based assessment for the Mathematics Extension 1 course can be based on the whole of the course (Preliminary and HSC courses). Assessment for this course will not begin until the school program of HSC assessment for other subjects begin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)