READ ME: Science degree FAQs (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Maths or statistics is probably two of the majors that will directly link with your commerce degree. All other science majors train your critical and analytical skills that may benefit your knowledge in commerce related disciplines.

boo92

HSC
hi im doing my hsc is year and wanting to do sci in a year

um... i want to major in psych but i dont know what else i should do. i do chem at school and really enjoyed the optional unit we did on biochemistry (about energy systems and stuff) but i really do not like bio and disections and stuff. any ideas about what would be good?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
If you get into advanced science or bachelor of psychology, I don't think that you need to minor in anything else.

If you are going to do psych in the standard science degree, I would suggest that you do a minor in statistics, as there is some synergy there. The other advantage is that if you decide to ditch the psych along the way, you will still be reasonably employable, as there is a big demand for statisticians.

This does assume that you are not totally adverse to mathematics, of course.

Edit: I see from your profile that you are doing MX1, so all should be cool. You just have to make sure that you do MATH1131 and MATH1231 in first year rather than the easier maths subjects for life and social sciences students. Then you still have the option in second year of taking more maths subjects.

Last edited:

Tim035

HSC
Synthetic chemists, especially those also with experience in High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) seem to be in demand at the moment and paid quite respectively (70 - 120k).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)