Read this NOW!!! (1 Viewer)

kainetalbot

HSC
Hey Guys,

I know this is a thread where people can talk about the 2018 HSC and I understand that but there is something that I need you all to be aware of...

At the moment in NSW there is a serious problem, the drought...

Many farmers who are supplying all the meals that YOU EAT on a daily basis are struggling to supply the food...

If these farmers are not able to supply the food, THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY FOOD...

Like I said earlier this has nothing to do with the HSC but please spread the word and get help for our farmers...

Thankyou...

Also a message for everyone... good luck with the HSC :) :)

Wet_Lettuce

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys,

I know this is a thread where people can talk about the 2018 HSC and I understand that but there is something that I need you all to be aware of...

At the moment in NSW there is a serious problem, the drought...

Many farmers who are supplying all the meals that YOU EAT on a daily basis are struggling to supply the food...

If these farmers are not able to supply the food, THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY FOOD...

Like I said earlier this has nothing to do with the HSC but please spread the word and get help for our farmers...

Thankyou...

Also a message for everyone... good luck with the HSC :) :)
Saying we won't have food is a bit of a general statement.... Because at the end of the day, Australia will seek to import produce from overseas (China). However, I do appreciate your statement and support your argument. I agree that the farmers are being neglected. I don't understand why we sent divers to Thailand and Firefighters to the USA but we cannot obtain reasonable Government funding and help ourselves before others. And besides, I don't see any countries supporting us....

kainetalbot

HSC
Good on you the pm needs to do something asap at my place this arvo we've had the first rainfall over fifteen MIL since the start of this year

d_kell

HSC
Thanks for spreading awareness, at my place we're being forced to sell all our cattle and sheep on Monday and the government isn't doing anything to help out farmers. We need all the help we can get.

Deadboxes

HSC
We just learnt about this in PDHPE, it's pretty saddening how the media is all about Demi Lovato and other BS but can't seek to focus on our farmers only after people started to talk about it...

Deadboxes

HSC
Also, for us in urban areas, Bunnings has started a campaign for selling sausage sizzles, which profits go to farmers in need, and there's also websites such as buyabale (https://www.buyabale.com.au) which can help reduce the burden on some farmers.

kainetalbot

HSC
It's a good idea but I don't think selling a few sausage sizzles is going to help all the farmers in need... out here in the area WEST OF THE MOUNTAINS there are paddocks that are literally just dust... there are sheep eating dirt... certain farmers up north have been on the property for three or four generations and are being forced to shoot their stock and walk away from the farm and sell up... this is not right and our prime minister Mr Malcolm Turnbull needs to be doing more than giving farmers $12000... like come on that does not even cover a load of hay... one load of hay might last two weeks if that in places... one of my friends grandparents had a load of hay delivered to their property near Bathurst and it cost $14000 and they have only got 30 cattle... so plz Mr Turnbull do more for our farmers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)