reading textbooks instead of taking bridging courses (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, my uni doesnt offer a bridging course in biology, and i have never done biology, yet smart little me decided it would be fun to take biological sciences this year
anyways, coz theres no bridging course, i thought i might read excel/various other textbooks
is there any that you can recommend?
and do you recommend i read prelim as well as hsc?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont expect to know everything there is to know about the subject, but it would be nice just to have the tiniest hint of what is going on rather than being completely and totally lost

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I did Biology for the HSC, and I'd recommend getting your hands on an "Excel Biology" book, or even a "Biology-In-A-Month" book. They both helped me with my study. :)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Have you checked what sorta subject the Biology one is? It may be a course that doesnt assume any HSC biology in which case you won't have to worry about it.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
they dont assume bio, but i just wanna have some idea instead of it being like their talking in russian

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
they dont assume bio, but i just wanna have some idea instead of it being like their talking in russian
Whats wrong with Russian, ps I'm not Russian, anyways I'll go with any HSC Bio textbook , stuff the preliminary yr, just a waste of time, the *subject* in a month books is quite good, and ask you uni for more advice, everything might be covered the uni textbooks , you never know.
Science?? why anyone who do a science course or choose a science elective is behond me, I hate science.:p But thats me

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
so do i, but i only have to tolerate it for a year, then hopefully ill be able to transfer into occupational therapy
:D

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
so do i, but i only have to tolerate it for a year, then hopefully ill be able to transfer into occupational therapy
:D
Cant you just do another course and transfer to occupational therapy?? Will I shouldnt really talk, I've been told I give really bad advice and I've made really big mistake in my life, Lol like on my prefrences I choose B Science-Compter science UNSW over B Commerce at Wollongong, thinking i'll never get into Computer science cause it was at 85 and staedy, I didnt change the prefrences, and guess which one I got in :uhhuh: Yes you got it in one,:rolleyes: Anyways I might like UNSW or transfer later, And Santaslayer get off my back, I'll get into Wollongong uni one day.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
*shrugs shoulders*
i wanted to do something that would at least semi relate to it, and this was the closest i could get, i think i just missed out on arts
i also just missed out on OT at UWS by like 1.xx marks

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
*shrugs shoulders*
i wanted to do something that would at least semi relate to it, and this was the closest i could get, i think i just missed out on arts
i also just missed out on OT at UWS by like 1.xx marks
What exactly did you get? and please dont goto UWS, I havent heard much positives out of UWS except from Dingo who loves his UWS:p

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Snapwizard
What exactly did you get? and please dont goto UWS, I havent heard much positives out of UWS except from Dingo who loves his UWS:p
There's nothign wrong with UWS. In fact their teaching has been highly accredited.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i wud recommend excel bio or macquarie biology revision guide!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
you may as well buy the textbook for your Bio subject rather than an HSC one, since u say they dont assume bio, therefore they teach it from the very beginnings anyway

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if it doesnt have prereqs, then you probably don't need any prior knowledge

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Yeh exactly... If its not a prerequisite then they teach the subject from the very beginning as someone stated b4...

santaslayer

HSC
i would suggest u ask the people from ur uni what sort of stuff in bio is covered in ur course and just look at stuff that is related to ur particular course. dont waste time covering the whole hsc bio subject from the start of the page to the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)