Reading to improve writing??? (1 Viewer)

laurenhtang

HSC
So the most reading i've done is the Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series back in year 6. I'm in year 11 now and I don't read at all. I enjoy it if it is a good book but I don't have the patience for it.

Now that i'm in year 11 i've noticed how not reading has negatively impacted my writing skills. I'm extremely terrible at English.

So is it true? Does reading actually improve writing skills (Essays, creative writing etc.) and if I were to start, how long do I read a day? And what do I read???

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So the most reading i've done is the Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series back in year 6. I'm in year 11 now and I don't read at all. I enjoy it if it is a good book but I don't have the patience for it.

Now that i'm in year 11 i've noticed how not reading has negatively impacted my writing skills. I'm extremely terrible at English.

So is it true? Does reading actually improve writing skills (Essays, creative writing etc.) and if I were to start, how long do I read a day? And what do I read???
I guess it helps kinda but I never read and did alright and I know people who don't read and have got high 90s so it doesn't really matter.

However it can help you improve your creative writing skills at least or vocabulary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)