Reading? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
My teacher is all for reading.

He wants us to read at least five books for JFK.

About four on history in general.

And a series of other books which will "develop our understanding of the topic" but which we "cannot quote from".

I haven't started reading anything.

Is it worth reading the whole book or should I just get a general understanding of what the author is writing about?

How much has everyone read/planning to read?

Paris Astill

HSC
I'd say just get the gist of each. It'll just stress you out trying to read and take in too much info.

Loza33

HSC
Yeah, im with Paris Astill.... it will be too much to read all of them... question.. why cant you quote them?

We have been doing heaps of reading, but not of books!! More of articles and exerts from books.... that our teacher gets for us... we spend mroe tiem writing practise essays...

But we arent doing jfk so i dunno..

zaqwerty

HSC
Loza33 said:
Yeah, im with Paris Astill.... it will be too much to read all of them... question.. why cant you quote them?

We have been doing heaps of reading, but not of books!! More of articles and exerts from books.... that our teacher gets for us... we spend mroe tiem writing practise essays...

But we arent doing jfk so i dunno..
We're not allowed to quote from certain books because "those are the books that everyone reads and everyone quotes from". He wants our answers to be somewhat "non-generic".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)