Readings?? (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
In the comparative study you don't need any other texts except the prescribed.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
readings are generally for the critical study where u research literary methodology

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i mean reading as in marxist, romantic, feminist, psychoanalytic ...like in terms of literary theory

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by ZoDiAc KnIgHt
so the reading is another text?
i don't really know what is happening, im just reading off the HSW HSC ONLINE?
can someone explain?
maybe providing a link may help resolve . maybe your just in the wrong section

Emma/clueless isnt the module where you critically analyse the text with mulitple readings. emma and clueless regards to how values are kept and changed in different contexts.

HSC
N/A
I think so- like, you have your dominant theologies and like, your side-line theologies...

Even if the module does not state it, I think it's a good idea to have a good knowledge of the different ideaologies and be able to apply them even if it is not required- for example, I'm in the middle of the Hamlet/Rosencrantz thingo and we've been told to look at different readings as well as the notion of Transformation (haven't done this in class yet but through transformation, dominant ideaologies can change!!! This in turn changes the entire emphasis of the text, conveying different meanings).

When studying and comparing different readings, you want to look at what the different readings are concerned with and how they interact with other readings- for example feminists are concerned with the role of women whilst liberal humanists tend to be more inclined with wordly messages to and about humanity. Each will argue that it is the most important reading- look at what they say, and compare them, ie "____ agrees/argues that/goes on to suggest.." etc.

Best wishes!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
A reading is a WAY OF reading a text.

Consider different readings of texts
This means to look at different ways of reading texts, so yes, the ideologies from which you can analyse a text.

You still need to know about critics and theories to be able to understand readings though, so don't think that because you don't need 'additional material' you shouldn't still be researching it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)