Ready for Information Technology? (1 Viewer)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
@lucifersguard... What raw mark out of 80 are you looking at or hoping for?

lucifersguard

HSC
haha im such an idiot, for some reason i automatically read it as virtual memory. To be very modest i recon ill get low 80s raw, but i might be able to hit mid 80s if im lucky. TBH i found the paper way easy although it was time consuming, but i never did any past papers so guess i cant say if it is easier than past exams lol.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
haha im such an idiot, for some reason i automatically read it as virtual memory. To be very modest i recon ill get low 80s raw, but i might be able to hit mid 80s if im lucky. TBH i found the paper way easy although it was time consuming, but i never did any past papers so guess i cant say if it is easier than past exams lol.
Thats alright... try not to stress about it... I bet u did well overall though. Weird things happen when under pressure during the exam time. I saw some people in my cohort drawing on their paper.. XD and about 3 people just left after completing the MC and attempting the short answers... The BOS should extend the time limit for subs like IT and English if they want to test knowledge, not how fast one can write. 80-85 as raw overall is great, it will get u a high band 5-low band 6.

BTW do you have any exams left or have you finished all?

Last edited:

lucifersguard

HSC
yeah cheers, wasn't that bad though the timing, i was just planning on leaving waaay earlier. Yeah hope fully band 6 material though and for yourself.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah cheers, wasn't that bad though the timing, i was just planning on leaving waaay earlier. Yeah hope fully band 6 material though and for yourself.
I think I did alright in short answers and long responses... if had been given more time I would be nailed the long responses.. but ohh well.. MC stuffed me up really band and I only got 12/15< not a band 6 standard...lol

Overall I would be expecting anything from 66/80(strict marking) to 71/80(easy marking) as a raw... so I would be expecting around 86-87 as a raw. Hopefully thats enough for a band 6 this year.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
btw how many pages did u write for each section?
For long responses I used about 2.5 pages each... I have average writing...
For short responses I overkilled my responses for some questions... going beyond the spaces provided and writing around 3/4 page for most 4 markers...
But its the quality that matters not the quantity... I was speaking to one of my english teachers today, she is a senior marker and said that they only award marks to essays that directly answer the question and said that 2 pages that addresses the question well is better than 6 pages of rubbish that does not address the question well.
For ITV... the long responses don't require much writing.... I saw some sample answers and they are usually 1.5 pages in length that address the question well.
In terms of pages... I used up all the booklets that were avaliable...

Last edited:

lucifersguard

HSC
Oh i meant for just the 2 extended responses. I did like 10 altogether properly answering the question. I think it use to say that you had to have a minimum of 600 words in each section on the paper itself?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
600 words is precisely 1.5 pages I think... on average, because the sample answers that I saw were generally that long. 2 pages for each long response should be safe. 1 page for the 8 marker, and 1 page for the other 2 questions look reasonable.

lucifersguard

HSC
Lol no way is 600 words 1.5 pages. 600 would be around 4 pages in just straight essay format so if its a report it would probz take like 5.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
11 words per line X 8 lines (avg stanza) of mine = 88.
88(words) x 8 paragraphs in 2 pages (4 paragrapgs in each page)= 704 words.
^That was basically how much I wrote... I kinda did go on to the third page though.
My writing is average-big. I know a friend that fits about 15 words per line and has massive paragraphs in his body. He a bit less than 2 pages he said. So it is possible, depending on the individual.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
wtf... 5 words per line? is that a joke.... :blink2:
I sometimes write about 13 words also... but 11 is an average... 5 seems like your writing a poem. XD
But I bet u did well.

lucifersguard

HSC
5 is pretty hard for me actually...i think it stemms from having cursive plus slanted writing so it takes more space. Markers love it for sure

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
haha... yer its actually a good thing to have messy writing in the HSC as they would spend more time reading your paper and trying to understand what you wrote...If they cannot understand it, they go to the senior marker (even better) who looks at the paper and decides what mark to be awarded... most of the time people get good if their papers have been to the senior markers as they are generous :caffeine:
Having less words compacted also makes it easier to read and more appealing to the markers than having a sentence with barely any spacing between the words :L

Last edited:

lucifersguard

HSC
hahaa well its not messy, its just big apparently ( avg in my eyes). Yeah possibily spacing could matter but i doubt it. Ceebs caring anymore lol GL with ur chem exam and imma peace out :D.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks :) .... gl with ur results/atar.. m sure u will do fine... now go and rest b4 creating a bonfire 2morrow.. lol

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone check MC 10 and 14 for me...
For 10: Is it internal or external client...it was an 'existing client' of the IT company.
14: Is it A( High performance because of low RAM usage) or D(Poor performance because of high CPU usage).

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)