Reasons for compulsory english (1 Viewer)

HSC
this argument gets brought into every one of these threads (there are about 1000 of them). And guess what? No-one cares! It's not a vocational course, and it's not designed to be one, it's about teaching and developing other skills, and if you do want vocational education, go to tafe.
+ 1

gella

HSC
This argument gets brought into every one of these threads (there are about 1000 of them). And guess what? No-one cares! It's not a vocational course, and it's not designed to be one, it's about teaching and developing other skills, and if you do want vocational education, go to Tafe.
there
stop being whiney little pussies, you have to do it, get over it.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
English aint that bad, its probably my worst subject atm after the half yearlies rank-wise, but its quite enjoyable imho, and plus its helping me write essays for other subjects as well, like economics, as well as writing better structured answers for the sciences :) idk much about tertiary education, but im thinking we're still gonna have to do lots of essays/structured responses.

And like the-derivative said, english is the only thing we have that the 'imports' dont have :D

iNerd

Banned
HSC
you live in an country
where english the main language

and esp all those international students
who i highly doubt, would have chose english for a subject if it wasn't compulsory
same goes for me to.

but it makes sense...

keymort

HSC
I believe that the government uses english to attempt to condition us into certain ways of thinking => to better us. Take the current topic, belonging. By having us all study belonging it makes more of us consider our own place in society and what groups we belong to. I had this great theory on why the government made us study belonging but I've forgotten it lol. I think it has something to do with Bikey Gangs and the Viet Nam War.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)