reckon i can get 90+? (1 Viewer)

rusty123

HSC
hey everyone, this is my first post here - i've looked at various documents, SAM, JUAI etc to get an idea of the requirements for a 90+ uai and i just wanted a students' perspective. the ranks aren't flash but i go to manly selective (ranked 27 last year and that was with a shite cohort, we can definitely get up past 23 or so this year) so hopefully they are still pretty good compared to the state as a whole. anyway my ranks are:

japanese continuers 4/15 (though the top 4 are close together) plus i already did the speaking HSC and expect at least 16/20 for that
jap extension 3/8 (top 3 are close) but i bombed the speaking HSC - maybe 5 or 6/10 for that, but this subject has great scaling
maths 2U 70/125 - this is my worst by quite a bit, my teacher said to expect a school mark of 72-75, but only 1 unit will count and i can improve for the exam
physics 22/47 - reliable source says i can expect a school mark of around 85
ancient history 15/31 (head teacher said top 18 will get band 6 though im not sure if i'm band 6 material)
english advanced yet to get ranks, but im pretty sure of being in top 50 and hopefully top 40/150. EDIT: my rank was 30/144 - unexpected but pleasantly so.

and plus i can raise quite a bit for the exams. thanks anyone who replies

Last edited:

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
haha lol manly....i got kicked out of manly last year....in year 11.

pt88

HSC
hmm.. i'd say you will get above 90..
i'm not great at this estimating thing but i'd say my guess would be between
87-94

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
rusty123 said:
hey everyone, this is my first post here - i've looked at various documents, SAM, JUAI etc to get an idea of the requirements for a 90+ uai and i just wanted a students' perspective. the ranks aren't flash but i go to manly selective (ranked 27 last year and that was with a shite cohort, we can definitely get up past 23 or so this year) so hopefully they are still pretty good compared to the state as a whole. anyway my ranks are:

japanese continuers 4/15 (though the top 4 are close together) plus i already did the speaking HSC and expect at least 16/20 for that
jap extension 3/8 (top 3 are close) but i bombed the speaking HSC - maybe 5 or 6/10 for that, but this subject has great scaling
maths 2U 70/125 - this is my worst by quite a bit, my teacher said to expect a school mark of 72-75, but only 1 unit will count and i can improve for the exam
physics 22/47 - reliable source says i can expect a school mark of around 85
ancient history 15/31 (head teacher said top 18 will get band 6 though im not sure if i'm band 6 material)
english advanced yet to get ranks, but im pretty sure of being in top 50 and hopefully top 40/150

and plus i can raise quite a bit for the exams. thanks anyone who replies
your ranks aernt too bad actually and i could confidently say that with study, you could around around low to mid 90s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)