• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Recommend a subject! (1 Viewer)

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I know someone who's was doing 5 subjects last year (our second year). It's a lot of work. If you need to take up a part time job (she didn't) I wouldn't recommend overloading.

4 Courses + over 10 hours a week at a job is bad enough.

An awesome course, for anyone interested in Science or Philosophy is Math1007 - The
Poetry of the Universe (also done as a second year PHIL course).

The Lecturer (Dayal Wickramasinghe) is awesome, only 2 lectures + 1 tute a week and minimal assessment throughout the year.

A very interesting and laid back course for anyone interested in stuff like (from ANU site):

the overall structure of the observable universe; space and time; relativity; black holes; phenomena and reality; anthropic principles; and extraterrestrial life. Each topic will be introduced in a historical context emphasising how it has evolved over time and is still evolving.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
I am here! said:
You know you're in Canberra when even the 60-yos start looking tempting. :cool:
ahahahah. hey, you're doing arts! the girls there aren't bad...

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
M-turkey said:
I know someone who's was doing 5 subjects last year (our second year). It's a lot of work. If you need to take up a part time job (she didn't) I wouldn't recommend overloading.

4 Courses + over 10 hours a week at a job is bad enough.

An awesome course, for anyone interested in Science or Philosophy is Math1007 - The
Poetry of the Universe (also done as a second year PHIL course).

The Lecturer (Dayal Wickramasinghe) is awesome, only 2 lectures + 1 tute a week and minimal assessment throughout the year.

A very interesting and laid back course for anyone interested in stuff like (from ANU site):

the overall structure of the observable universe; space and time; relativity; black holes; phenomena and reality; anthropic principles; and extraterrestrial life. Each topic will be introduced in a historical context emphasising how it has evolved over time and is still evolving.
+1

lots of my friends did it last year. i'm doing it this year as a bludge course/easy HD to keep my average up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)