Recommendations for computer monitors. (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Mainly looking to use it for Excel and low-level gaming/ movie watching.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking to spend ideally less then $500, but can be flexible if needs be.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's been a few years since i've looked into monitors, so I have no suggestions, but if you weren't already planning it i'd highly recommend getting 2 monitors!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you intend to do anything else? High FPS isn't important for your use case from what I can tell but it is nice for some games (e.g. first person shooters). For a predominant purpose of using Excel, what is useful is the ability to see 'more' data through both higher resolution (i.e. pixel density) and the aspect ratio/size of the screen.

I previously had an Acer X34 34" ultrawide (21:9) 1440p and found it was immensely useful for my job of reviewing Excel models/documentation - the higher resolution meant you could zoom out and still have more detail visible (compared to a lower res monitor when you zoom out and the text is not legible and becomes a bit of a pixellated blur/mess), and the ultrawide aspect ratio meant that whilst most people format their Excel models to fit a standard 16:9 ratio, you get extra width in case things are a little bit too wide.

With a $500ish budget, I'd consider something like the Kogan 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-34-wqhd-curved-219-ultrawide-100hz-freesync-monitor/

If you were wanting to spend more (like alot more) you could go for a different ultrawide monitor brand potentially a higher resolution, or a much larger monitor. I personally upgraded to a Samsung CHG90 which has a lower resolution (3840 x 1080) monitor but super ultrawide 34:9 aspect ratio over 49" to improve my multitasking.

Following on from Brent's point, agreed multiple monitors can also be a great way to improve productivity but try to get two matching monitors if you're going to go down this route.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Good enough... but all comes down to whether you get a good deal which in this climate of minimal stock of anything people use for WFH, may be difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)