Recycled Water: Your Opinion (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Josie said:
I disagree, many many many people drink it straight from the tap. I know I do.
yeah me 2.........i dont think that theres anything wrong with drinking tap water...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
_dhj_ said:
I don't think drinking tap water helps your immune system. Actually one of the reasons why many countries in East Asia have high life expectancies despite being relatively poor is because they have a of habit boiling their drinking water.
They boil cos their tap water is undrinkable -its not treated like ours. Ours is basically like boiled before it enter the pipes - picks all the nutrients from the pipes and we drink it.

Its bad to drink hot water from taps - not that bad - but depends on your copper pipes - if they are old and in what condition they are in. Cold Water - fuck yeah

sydney water - THE BEST TASTING water in the world. Only thing NSW is good for.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
HotShot said:
They boil cos their tap water is undrinkable -its not treated like ours. Ours is basically like boiled before it enter the pipes - picks all the nutrients from the pipes and we drink it.

Its bad to drink hot water from taps - not that bad - but depends on your copper pipes - if they are old and in what condition they are in. Cold Water - fuck yeah

sydney water - THE BEST TASTING water in the world. Only thing NSW is good for.
Well I'm not sure about picking up "nutrients", you can probably get nutrients from drinking fruit juice etc. In terms of water quality though it goes like this:

dodgy asian tap water < bottled "mineral" water < sydney tap water < boiled water

So boiling your water first is a good idea if you just want to make sure you're drinking clean water.

shimmy&shine

HSC
Re: Recycled Water: Where the hell is it?

Just a note on the taste: Debnam offered me to try 'his' recycled water when i was at one of his press conferences. surprisingly i thought it tasted the same, or even slightly 'purer' than normal drinking water. just an opinion.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC

shimmy&shine said:
Debnam offered me to try 'his' recycled water when i was at one of his press conferences.
i couldnt help but lol at that :D

"hey there, would you like to try some of my recycled water"

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i think people like Iemma are just prolonging the process...
i remember the drought back in 2003... its probably gone back even longer.
Obviously the environments changing [due to whatever reasons... climate change, natural processes.. whateber you believe..] and it's not looking as if it will remedy itself.

WE're going to need an alternative watersource... so we may as well start integrating the technology into society now.. so that we can start improving it etc...
and so that waragamba doesnt get down to 2%... and we dont have to rely solely on such sources...

regardless... those processes result in water which is most probably more pure etc than the current water that we're currently drinking...
though, like most people... the idea still irks me...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

shimmy&shine said:
Just a note on the taste: Debnam offered me to try 'his' recycled water when i was at one of his press conferences. surprisingly i thought it tasted the same, or even slightly 'purer' than normal drinking water. just an opinion.
lol recycled liberal leader urine tastes purer than tap water.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
I believe that introducing recylced water needs to be done in moderation and with extreme precaution, not because of the purity and whatnot, but mostly just so people don't think they are drinking shit. The plan hasn't been thought through enough from both parties, so I think this plan won't see the construction stage for years to come.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
id say they make an ad campaign actually showing us the recyling processes.

at the moment im sure alot of people think its just a giant piece of filter paper at the end of a sewerage line.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I wonder how The Greens would've approached this problem.

Both desalination and recycling each have their share of pros and cons. I guess the only other option is to get rainwater tanks.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
Sparcod said:
I wonder how The Greens would've approached this problem.

Both desalination and recycling each have their share of pros and cons. I guess the only other option is to get rainwater tanks.

We have a rain water tank and I kinda see it as usless. We never use that water when it hasn't rained in a long time because we don't want to waste it, but then we go and use it just before it rains so the tank won't overflow.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Everybody should do there best to save water. Recycle, shorter showers, etc EVERYTHING

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
id say they make an ad campaign actually showing us the recyling processes.

at the moment im sure alot of people think its just a giant piece of filter paper at the end of a sewerage line.
Probably most people wouldn't understand the process anyway. That's part of politics, a dumb person dumbing down dumb issues for the dumb masses.

-P_D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
By the looks of it, this year the government willl not build any plants - whether it be recycling or desal because the water level has to drop below 30% - before they build it.

I mean that was the 'promise' made by both premiers. And this year we will have higher than expected rainfall so it will increase the water levels.

SO the election was never about water - but Libs all they campaigned about was water. nothing else really.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I agree with HotShot. The water shortage problem wasn't even that much of a big election issue. Public transport, Work-Choices and the economy were put well ahead of this.

I remember watching some doco once. It showed an interesting piece of technology (which looked like a pile of mesh cloths), which was placed in the middle of the Chilean desert, where it "captured" the wind and obtained all the moisture from it and that resulted in pure water coming out.

Isn't the El-nino going to end sometime soon? It's supposed to.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

shimmy&shine said:
I remember i was listening to something on nova with merrick and russo and they had some guy try out tap water, mineral water and recycled water of his own urine. Without knowing which was which of course.

The guy thought the recycled water was mineral, mineral was tap and tap was recycled.

Limited observation i know but anygay, recycled water probably does taste better. However if you didn't boil his recycled urine then that's very :eek:

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Probably most people wouldn't understand the process anyway. That's part of politics, a dumb person dumbing down dumb issues for the dumb masses.

-P_D

Reminds me of Hiter, in Mein Kampf...

'All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be. '

'The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous'

imaginarylife

HSC
i think recycled water is a good idea in the long run, but other options should be implemented first.

eg. water tanks installed, firstly for gardens, pools, drinking water and the like.
install greywater systems, similarly for the gardens.
Improve water wastage, especially on farms and in industry, could do this by improving irrigation methods, technology on farms, plant and rear native plants and animals, reducing water wastage in transferring from dams.
And ofcourse implement water restrictions to encourage people to be more sensible about how they use water, be more careful not to waste it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)