Red P's test at beverly hills :S (1 Viewer)

efhat

HSC
Hey guys well im doing my driving test in a couple of days at bevo rta and im kinda freaking out alittle lol. Does anyone have any advice, maybe stuff i should focus on, anything around the area i should watch out for? Ive got it at a good time 12 30pm so im happy bout that. Does bumping the kerb on a reverse park = fail or lost points? And one last question, and it might sound stupid but here goes:

at a roundabout or a cross intersection without lights, who gives way to who between you and the car opposite you wanting to turn right (as in involving them crossing your path)?

just want to make sure coz i keep mixing this up thanks guys!!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If you don't know right of way you should still be on your damn Ls.

efhat

HSC
yeh i kno about giving way to the right, thats like basic law lol im not that stupid, its just the other specific give way rules that can get alittle confusing. Im 90% sure i just wanted to totally clear it up. If i had no clue then i wudnt be taking my test....no need to be so negative. So hypotheticaly if sum1 opposite u on a roundabout has approached at the same time as u, and they have a right blinker on, does that count as part of the giving way to the right rule since they will cross ur path from the right?

ps thanks to michael 1990 for being nice and helpful :D

michael1990

HSC
Exphate said:
Also meant to giveway to people on your right on zii roundabout.
Sorry to disappoint but that was the old road rule it has changed. (can't remember when it was, but it changed).

RTA website said:
The roundabout sign means Slow Down, prepare to Give Way and if necessary stop to avoid a collision.
So, as you're approaching a roundabout, you must get into the correct lane, indicate if turning, and give way to traffic already on the roundabout.
Enter the roundabout when there is a safe gap in the traffic.
Source: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/roundabouts.html

michael1990

HSC
efhat said:
yeh i kno about giving way to the right, thats like basic law lol im not that stupid, its just the other specific give way rules that can get alittle confusing. Im 90% sure i just wanted to totally clear it up. If i had no clue then i wudnt be taking my test....no need to be so negative. So hypotheticaly if sum1 opposite u on a roundabout has approached at the same time as u, and they have a right blinker on, does that count as part of the giving way to the right rule since they will cross ur path from the right?

ps thanks to michael 1990 for being nice and helpful :D
You're welcome for the help. But could you please write in the english language, it just annoys me LOL.

If they decide to go on the roundabout first. They have right of way.
Just make sure you will avoid hitting them. So if you stop and someone else stops at the same time and you decide to go then you both collide they will be at fault. (providing you were on the roundabout first).

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just stay calm, maybe do a practice around the RTA area a couple of times get familar with the area. Watch your speed, look out incase there is a stop sign on leaving the RTA carpark and just drive well.

Good luck. :)

efhat

HSC
Azamakumar said:
If you and someone to your right arrive at a roundabout at the same time, you're meant to stop, given there's nobody else in other lanes/on the roundabout.
yep thats right......but thats not what im asking....LOL no1 seems to understand my question.....ill draw it up for you, look at the attachment.

so i am the blue car, and as you can see the red car opposite me is indicating right. Imagine we both arrived at the roundabout at the same time, but have not entered it yet. Now my queston is....should i give way to the red car in this situation?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Why would you? If you both leave at the same time, you'd have passed the point where your paths cross.

If neither of you are on it, keep going. But if the red car's already on the roundabout its probably best you stop.

efhat

HSC
yeh true thanks for that azamakumar, i mean obviously in an everyday situation i would just go straight through.....but since the test is all for safety, i was wondering whether its in my best interests to just give way as its the safer option? u kno how picky some testing officers are lol

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
micheal that booklet is the old one i think you will find. the test has changed

EDIT: or maybe not

michael1990

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
micheal that booklet is the old one i think you will find. the test has changed

EDIT: or maybe not
The basic principles haven't changed.

Approaching/ Going through a roundabout will always be the same.

So the Booklet is very reliable.

efhat

HSC
haha no........well I PASSED!!! and i only lost 3 points......soo happy

michael1990

HSC
efhat said:
haha no........well I PASSED!!! and i only lost 3 points......soo happy
Congrats.

What did you lose points over?

efhat

HSC
1 point for observation, 1 for stopping too close to the car in front at lights, and one for going too fast in a shopping strip area.....although i was about 6km/h under the speed limit anyways......nothing major :D

efhat

HSC
i rekon.....i mean they expect u to not speed, but also to not hold up traffic, and on top of that to use the "3 second distance rule" WTF

efhat

HSC
yeh i kno thats not wat im trying to say......i mean if u want to keep a 3 second gap ur bound to hold up traffic trying to keep that distance.....cant keep everyone happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)