Redfern Racial Rioting (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
and if there was a hint of any bulldozers i would go riot myself.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It's slack to think that because the person is black and you hate them you are being racist.

e.g.

I hate a person because you have a bad personality. Oh you just happened to be black. That means I'm racist? I don't think so....

Egg_666

Originally posted by Ragerunner
It's slack to think that because the person is black and you hate them you are being racist.

e.g.

I hate a person because you have a bad personality. Oh you just happened to be black. That means I'm racist? I don't think so....
yeh what a GREAT definition of racism...

you fool.... if you hate someone because they are black its racism... if you are far more sensitive to one group of people (such as you and yourselves) than you are to another, in need, that is being racist... as you are discriminating against them...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
So therefore its IMPOSSIBLE not to be racist if you hate someone?

Because if you hate someone, that someone is part of a race, therefore you are racist.

That is stupid.

If you hate someone pureply because they are of that race, then that is racist.

Not if you hate them due to personality etc..

Egg_666

Originally posted by Epiphany
What exactly is this 'message' that no-one will listen to?
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
yehthats whats im thinking what message?
The message that they live in crap...

Originally posted by Epiphany
The fact that they live in a bad area is not my problem. They don't like it? Then do something about it like everyone else has to. And my town is completely boring, but I'm not about to go on some stupid rampage in defiance of something I know shitall about. Why can't they leave it to the authorities to deal with? And if the kid was breaking the law, then he should have dealth with the consequences. The fact that he is aboriginal shouldn't be an issue. And these people going off their nutter need to express their emotions elsewhere, not take it out on - for the most part - decent police officers.
i love this...

1. "they dont like it, do something about it, like WE all do"

when was the last time YOU lived in a gutter... when was the last time YOU have to fight your way out of a ghetto to make money with no education... when was the last time YOU had no future, and rose out of the doldrums to make yourself respectable... not recently...

2. "My town is completely boring, and i dont go on rampages"

there is a difference between boring and hell hole, nuff said

3. "wait for the government to deal with it"

done that... obviously hasnt worked... irresponsible spending of money, no thought, no idea how to combat problem so just throws money at it...

4. COPS fuckin treat aboriginals like shit... this is just another example, therfore "the fact that he's aboriginal" SHOULD count for something...

5. "They shouldnt take it out on decent police officers"

I finally agree with you, but then its simply the job of the police to defend the government (who is being attacked)

Originally posted by ND
I think it's pretty obvious what i was implying. And i think that assault is worse than any white collar crime.
i dont know what you were implying and cant be bothered going back to chase up some hidden meaning...

white collar crime... kills hundreds of jobs... leading to poverty... leading to all the things that THAT leads... which is a lot... i cant really be bothered explaining it, cos its long... but its pretty obvious which is worse... one assault crime or Enron crime

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Ragerunner
If you hate someone pureply because they are of that race, then that is racist.

Not if you hate them due to personality etc..
but have you ever thought about why racism is bad? its not bad... its one of the key things to maximise survival of one's self.

let me illustrate a easy situation to establish my point: if you see a dying cow and a dying human (no matter what colour) and you had the chance to save one of them 2... which one would you choose? obviously you would choose the human. so you are a specism.

this can be applied to race, culture, sex, family, and the ultimate selfish self... its a biological means of survival in built into all animals.

lengstar

HSC
racists are all fu*kwits

anyways the 'boy' , due to his own stupidity, killed himself. end of story. i think the community overreacted to such a simple and stupid death and they should get over it. if it was anyone else they wouldn't have caused a stupid riot, what a bunch of idiots.

Egg_666

they needed this to inspire them to spread their fuckin message... too bad it takes the death of a 10 year old (fat load of assaulting he could have done, i dont think...) to get people to understand what the fuck the go through...

specism... doesnt exist...

but racism... thats different... we live in a world where all people of different "races" live together... and we need to learn to get along and cooperate... we dont need to cooperate with cows to live a peaceful life...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Egg_666
but racism... thats different... we live in a world where all people of different "races" live together... and we need to learn to get along and cooperate... we dont need to cooperate with cows to live a peaceful life...
think about my situation again, but now with a kid thats your own race and another of different a race. they are equally in need... and you are only allowed to save one.... which one would you choose? this is a harder decision... and with no societal pressure of being called a racist, i say most people would choose the own race. this is a good feature to have because it maximises the chances of survival of the self... you would know this if you studied biology.

your argument of we don't need to cooperate with cows to live peacefully is essentially flawed... because what is peacefully... yes it is peaceful for us but not for the cows... we can apply your logics to abos as well... why don't we just kill of them so they would never riot again? its peaceful for the majority right? i mean there is only a few abos... why should they annoy us?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
The message that they live in crap

well most peoplestart from the bottom and move their way up,so whats their excuse? most of them are just too f***** lazy to get off their arses and get a job, they have made their bed so they can sleep in it, the government provides alot of benefits for those people..eg finiancialassistance so they are lucky they ard getting some help

ND

HSC
if you are far more sensitive to one group of people (such as you and yourselves) than you are to another, in need, that is being racist... as you are discriminating against them...
I guess you're the racist then. You're the one that's sayng, because of the kid's race, he should be treated differently. You're making up excuses for his crime. Is that not being "far more sensitive to one group of people"?

Anyway i'm glad he's dead, that's one less jail cell i'll have to pay for. (call me harsh but i don't care, this type of scum doesn't deserve to live in a society)

ND

HSC
white collar crime... kills hundreds of jobs... leading to poverty... leading to all the things that THAT leads... which is a lot... i cant really be bothered explaining it, cos its long... but its pretty obvious which is worse... one assault crime or Enron crime
I wouldn't exactly say it leads to poverty. Sure, alot of people lost their jobs, but i'm sure that most will be able to find another without too much difficulty. And yeh alot of people lost alot of money through stocks, but if they had the money to invest it, i hardly think losing it is gonna push them into poverty. (don't get me wrong, i don't think that white collar crime is acceptable in any way, i just think assault is a neanderthal act which is worse)

lengstar

HSC
you'd be surprised the number of neanderthals in this country

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
simple answer: love :)

These people are obviously hurting and upset, they need to be LOVED! They need to be shown unconditional love. That goes for everyone, regardless of race or socioeconomic status. Imagine if you grew up in the Redfern Aboriginal community, and your best friend was the one who was killed. You wouldn't like it if people were saying of your deceased friend: "he deserved it", especially if you knew of the desperate circumstances that may have influenced his actions.

Note: that doesn't mean "letting people do whatever they like", it means being more sensitive and caring, acknowledging and meeting their actual NEEDS rather than being unsympathetic and dismissing them as a "lost cause," and chucking them in jail because there seems to be no better solution. It's easy to say: "too bad - you got yourself into this mess, you get yourself out" but that sort of reasoning hasn't gotten society anywhere so far, and obviously never will.

Last edited:

Aaron1911

THEY ARE POOR, THEY HAVE NO EDUCATION

THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP THEMSELVES

Saying the kid didn't have a choice whether or not to commit crimes because he's poor and has no education is stupid. I don't care if you were molested as a child or were raised in poverty, the line has to be drawn somewhere and people have to be responsible for their crimes. Racist.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ok my only reaction 2 this entire thead is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
why is it that racism aimed towards aboriginals is deemed acceptable? and for every1 ready 2 flame me, U KNOW ITS TRUE! people joke and make fun of them all the fucking time and the majority of white australia accepts it... u know im right

as for the guy who impaled himself, i feel sorry for his death but the police ARE not to blame at all! and the reaction of the community was wrong but u have 2 understand where these people are coming from. in their communites drugs, lack of education and health care, poverty, abuse, crime are rampant and it is HARD for them. people just need 2 show a bit of compassion

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Has anyone thought of the people who were actually edging the children on to commit the riots? The children, especially the younger ones did it because they were encouraged by other neighbourhood people to do so.

The people who were encouraging the children during the riots need the book thrown at them. They've suggested that running amuck, burning things down and starting riots is a good idea, they're in a position of seniority to the children, they should pay for the children's crimes. They exploited those kids, they should be punished for it.

I'm more worried about the children that were involved. How could people encourage such behaviour? The children need to be told that what they did was wrong, and those who encouraged them need to be punished.

Also, as for John Brogden suggesting that bulldozers get in there, I think that was more of a suggestion to knock the block down, so it can be rebuilt (as it's in shambles at the moment, it needs maintennance).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)