Referencing a primary source using the Harvard System? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Referencing a primary source using the Chicago System?

I can't find any information on how to reference a primary source that isn't published in an edited book and I'm going mad trying to figure it out. The source is a letter declassified by the Department of Defense Papers from GK Thompson to President Diem.

I'm viewing the document online but it has page numbers (which at UTS meant you could treat it as an offline source), and I would really hate to have to reference it using the internet source format because I'm already losing a lot of space on the page due to
"[1] ‘The Strategic Hamlet Program 1961-63’, The Pentagon Papers (Gravel Edition), vol. 2, chapter 2, (Boston: Beacon Press, 1971), updated September 2006, Resources for the Study of International Relations and Foreign Policy at http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/pentagon2/pent4.htm, viewed 7 May 2008, Summary and Analysis para.1"
being the key source we have to use.

Anyone know how to reference primary sources that aren't tied to a published book?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Edit- This is what I have come up with: G.K. Thompson, Memorandum and cover letter from G.K Thompson to Ngo Dinh Diem proposing “strategic Hamlets” for the Mekong Delta, (US Department of Defence Pentagon Papers, 1971) p. 347.
No idea if that's what they want though

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)