Reflection Statement (1 Viewer)

PsychoSuperchic

So I'm a bit iffy on my reflection statement, can anyone give me a link to where i can view some sample ones to give me more of an idea, i've already looked at the writer's showcase ones.:D good luck all

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I've got no idea of if there's any on the web, since it's a very localised (well, state-wide) course...

But for mine I'm looking VERY closely at the rubrics. If you rephrase the dot points they can't say you haven't completed the task!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by anti
I've got no idea of if there's any on the web, since it's a very localised (well, state-wide) course...

But for mine I'm looking VERY closely at the rubrics. If you rephrase the dot points they can't say you haven't completed the task!
yeh that usually works...

there was some thing about reflection statements going round a while ago about how to write them..i'll see if i can dig em up or something...

at least youre up to the stage of writing a reflection statement...i haven't started my major work yet at least you've finished.

icemouse

I've actually got the cd from last yr with examples of major works + reflection statements
if you can get hold of that...... u should be right

lucy

reflection statement?
how is anyone up to that stage yet?
god you're freaking me out.

HSC
Originally posted by lucy
reflection statement?
how is anyone up to that stage yet?
god you're freaking me out.
Most people have finished practically all their major work and reflection statements. Well in my school anyways.

Even I've finished my reflection statement even though I'm still only half way through my major work :p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

Most people have finished practically all their major work and reflection statements. Well in my school anyways.

Even I've finished my reflection statement even though I'm still only half way through my major work :p
omg...don't make me have a heart attack...
i haven't started my major work OR my reflection statement...
and im sitting here thing FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!

but i guess we still have ten days...and i spose i CAN pull it off...ive done pretty much all my research and know exactly what im gonna write about...just need to do the writing of it,. i.e take ten days off school.
but don't say that again!!! even though i know this it still gives me panic attacks!!!
and ive got art too!!!!!!!!! *faints*

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I just got 1 out of 5 for my reflection statement draft because, well, it didn't really exist. :)

I think the problem with reflection statements is the fact that people ARE doing them halfway through their major work, that they don't really accurately reflect the composition process at ALL, because we're too busy trying to get a good mark to really care about ACCURACY. :mad:

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

Same deal at our school. Only 2-3 people don't have near-complete final drafts done :)

icemouse

I actually went to an extension 2 open day at ravenswood school in april......
they gave us sheets on how to write a reflection statement which i have............
pretty much all u need to know is what NOT to write
such as

"Write an Academy award acceptance speech, use the reflection statement to thank god or your divinity of choice, mum, dad, teacher, pet dog, mentors, friends. Tell the markers how quentin tarentino is a god and he rules and u love him 4eva. Because the markers care and they want to know this."

this is true, someone actually wrote stuff like this.........
so i think we're all safe..... for now.......
*phew*

icemouse

I've actually only half finished my major and i havent started the reflection statement.
dont stress
u have like a whole week to cram.....=)
and if i can send the cd via email just email me and i'll see what i can do............
its not that big, but then again....i am no computer person
good luck guys

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Oooh! Oooh! Me! Me!

"My major work reflects how absolutely cool I am, so deal with it."
Not quite within the word limit, but hey :)

I don't think the reflection statement has to be in essay form?

icemouse

um,. yeah
its sorta GOTTA be an essay................
not 'i'm so cool'........ havent u read the criteria???

bex

HSC
I still have 2500 words to write and the reflection statement to go... ARGH!!! no time left!!!!!

Its the complete opposite at my school... only 2-3 people have finished!! But then again.. theres only 7 in my class....

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by icemouse
um,. yeah
its sorta GOTTA be an essay................
not 'i'm so cool'........ havent u read the criteria???
Sorry, was being sarcastic.

As for form, I don't think it has to be in a strict essay form; ie. intro -> point 1 -> point 2 -> point 3 -> concl.
I can see a perfectly good Reflection Statement which fills the criteria stipulated in the syllabus in order without a formal introduction or conclusion.

Alex

REMEMBER, in your reflection statement to talk about how your study in english in all levels has influenced your work. For example if I was composing a text about racism I would talk about how changing perspectives and how I am attempting to change peoples' perspectives. Get my flow?

You can use any module, even ext1, make sure you have a little bit of linkages :) in there so when they read it they think it is a well rounded statement which "REFLECTS" your study of the english language and how you have "REFLECTED" upon it.

Another point, make it personal, try and include a lot of empathy :p get those markers teary :p

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yep, that's what I'm trying to do.. thinking of linking words/phrases. Like, um, *clears her throat*

"In my highly detailed analysis of (insert text here) in my study of CHANGING PERSPECTIVES I learnt that..." and "my developing interest in postmodernism led me to conclude that.."
However, it's all bs. :)

Originally posted by Alex
Another point, make it personal, try and include a lot of empathy :p get those markers teary :p
Without doing a Gwyneth!

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
Originally posted by bex
Its the complete opposite at my school... only 2-3 people have finished!! But then again.. theres only 7 in my class....
We started at 20. Now at 11.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I posted my reflection statement in the EE2 section... hopefully it can be of some use, not sure how much though.

ShirLz

Originally posted by anti

Sorry, was being sarcastic.

As for form, I don't think it has to be in a strict essay form; ie. intro -> point 1 -> point 2 -> point 3 -> concl.
I can see a perfectly good Reflection Statement which fills the criteria stipulated in the syllabus in order without a formal introduction or conclusion.
Yeah, the syllabus actually gives you details about what the reflection statement SHOULD or COULD have...so i just did mine like with lil introduction w/ subheadings for each point outlined in rubric so then they can't say i didn't meet requirements or wateva. They're really stupid requirements - like u gotta give the intended audience, and the language fetures you used, y u did this, y u did that, wat u learnt out of it, blah blah blah :p

good luck, and if u need help, u can email me - i've almost finished mine....or ask for mah msn :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)