Regular Users. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Now that University has picked up the pace, how are you still managing to post on this forum:confused:? I am seriously flat out most of the week, trying to get all my work done. I don't know how you do it, really:).

acidicFury

Study smarter, not harder! :) ;)

For example, with ebus1010.

I don't attend lectures, only tutorials. I learn how to use Excel, etc. there even if it means I have to bug the hell out of the people next to me which is usually not the case. That's 2 hours instead of 5. Only study I've done for ebus is the practice test a few times so today when I did the test it was a picece of cake.

If you look at the course guideline, you'll see a lot of marks for practical stuff, along with case study and final exam. You should be able to get close to 100% on the practical stuff - learn everything covered in tutorials and you will be fine, especially do those practice tests!!

Case studies can be done at home in your own time, so take your time and check what you have done against what's being asked until it's perfect.

Final exam study will be a big cram session, going through all the questions online as they actually use questions online in the final exam.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by acidicFury
Study smarter, not harder! :) ;)

For example, with ebus1010.

I don't attend lectures, only tutorials. I learn how to use Excel, etc. there even if it means I have to bug the hell out of the people next to me which is usually not the case. That's 2 hours instead of 5. Only study I've done for ebus is the practice test a few times so today when I did the test it was a picece of cake.

If you look at the course guideline, you'll see a lot of marks for practical stuff, along with case study and final exam. You should be able to get close to 100% on the practical stuff - learn everything covered in tutorials and you will be fine, especially do those practice tests!!

Case studies can be done at home in your own time, so take your time and check what you have done against what's being asked until it's perfect.

Final exam study will be a big cram session, going through all the questions online as they actually use questions online in the final exam.

the thread's name is 'regular users'...Lolz.....

:p

but yea, i usually go on Bo when im free at uni. i go to the library and hang out on BoS!......at home i dont usually get enuff time to go on BoS..except thursdays

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Do you go to Newcastle University too? How easy was the Introduction to eBusiness lecture:D!

Yeah I noticed that. Half of the assessment mark is for practise work:).

Sound good. Thanks for your help:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
but yea, i usually go on Bo when im free at uni. i go to the library and hang out on BoS!......at home i dont usually get enuff time to go on BoS..except thursdays
You will usually find me at the Bar during my breaks:D. That is like me though, I usually only get time to go on this forum (and the Internet in general) on a Tuesday afternoon/night:).

santaslayer

HSC
yea thats why u c peoples post counts go stable during uni and skyrocket in the holidayz ..

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Now that University has picked up the pace, how are you still managing to post on this forum:confused:? I am seriously flat out most of the week, trying to get all my work done. I don't know how you do it, really:).
I don't do any work, simple.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
sure u dont mr 99.75!......Lolz
I agree. You can't get that kind of UAI without studying because the HSC tests how well you can memorise a textbook and not how smart you are (in my opinion):).

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah i don't do much work either, like regular uni work. i'm a last minute person =/

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
sure u dont mr 99.75!......Lolz
I agree. You can't get that kind of UAI without studying because the HSC tests how well you can memorise a textbook and not how smart you are (in my opinion):).
It's called understanding, it requires next to no work. Combined with aptitude, wow, 99.75 is easy.

I have yet to open a book at home this year.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I will never understand those who say that they have no time to enjoy a social life or to get a part time job. If you cannot grasp the concept within the lectures, pracs and tutorials (which includes the required readings, questions, etc.), then why are you taking the course? That is just me, though.

Last minute attempts... Is there any other way?

Edit: By grasp I mean that you are able to apply what you have been taught or whatever it is that you course preaches... Nobody can deny that knowing the subject requires a mind like that of our friend keypad or extra time spent at home... But why bother when credits get degrees?

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
It's called understanding, it requires next to no work. Combined with aptitude, wow, 99.75 is easy.

i understand the work, but i can't recall it when i am asked it in an exam, i need to memoriese it first

i come on here when i am sick of doing other things. i have just done work for about 4hrs, so now the choice is here or bed

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM

It is one thing to understand something, but to be able to recall it is another. I understand just about everything straight away but cannot recall some things later in the year. Remembering everything is the key, which means going over your work constantly. Maybe you have a photogenic memory:confused:?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
I will never understand those who say that they have no time to enjoy a social life or to get a part time job. If you cannot grasp the concept within the lectures, pracs and tutorials (which includes the required readings, questions, etc.), then why are you taking the course? That is just me, though.
I still have time (well make time) to have go out on the weekend and have a social life. But time is always scarce. That is why I was asking how to regular users are able to come on this forum every day:).

Originally posted by Generator
But why bother when credits get degrees?
That is a matter personal choice. Credits will not give you the personal satisfaction of knowing you did your best and a sense of achievement (in my case and opinion), just as what you have said is your opinion:).

Originally posted by iambored
i understand the work, but i can't recall it when i am asked it in an exam, i need to memoriese it first
I am the same:(.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
It is one thing to understand something, but to be able to recall it is another. I understand just about everything straight away but cannot recall some things later in the year. Remembering everything is the key, which means going over your work constantly. Maybe you have a photogenic memory:confused:?
It's photographic. I don't have that, however I was taught everything in an ingenuitive way such that I could relate simple things to more complex ones. Periodic trends being one of them. Everything in chemistry can be answered (at the NON bs HSC level) with the preiodic table and at least some understanding of what it means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)