related material for telling the truth (1 Viewer)

aivilo

i am desperate for related materials for 'telling the truth,' - frontline. can anyone make some suggestions plz?

duck

HSC
N/A
south park - the episode with the staring mexican frog or whatever it is, all about ratings tactics.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
wag the dog and bowling for columbine are good, btu oversued, so if you do them make sure you stand out!

the same article from different papers
follow up articles for stories

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Originally posted by Ren
media - john butler trio
with this (or any song actually), can you just talk about the lyrics or do you have to look at it as a whole song and talk about how musical features relate etc.?

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
hi Without Wings...i found this statement for an essay in a practice papers book...some book i borrowed from the skool's library...newaiz...i was wondering if you knew any ideas for a response or what i could write about [by the way i have to use Frontline and any other shows like Frontline] :

"Whoever holds the power tries to own the truth"

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
need_notes: perhaps it would be easier for others to help you if you posted what ideas you already had and what texts you were using apart from Frontline - obviously the latter especially has a big impact on how you would approach a standard question like this as your response should be fully integrated

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
thanks for replying...newaiz...i was thinking of using Accurent Affairs(channel 9) and possibly Today Tonight(channel 7)...i was hoping to use the episodes about the gang rapes that occured in Sydney in about 2003...newaiz...tell me what you think about these two...thanx

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
how about Media Watch...do you think that i could use that?

Last edited:

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
i was planning to do it on the episodes...Add Sex and Stir, Playing the Ego Card & i haven't actually decided between using We Ain't got Dames and Smaller Fish to Fry

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
well, if you decide to do either ACA or Today Tonight you'll need a specific story they ran...or, alternatively, you could look at the styles of interviews, stories etc. that they do and make one up that fits with what you want to say, but it would have to be very solid to be convincing. anyways, it depends how much contrast you want. Today Tonight could be Frontline in many respects --> think of the 'news' items they run (testing orange juices, which light bulb is best, family feuds etc.) and compare it to, say, 'Smaller Fish to Fry'; it's exactly the same concept. so, in that case, Frontline illuminates through a clear parallel the techniques being used by Today Tonight reporters/management. For ACA the parallels will still be there, more likely in interviewing techniques on the street - running after people with cameras, accosting them outside courts/shops, foot in the door interviews etc. You might like to consider only using one of these shows though as they are both, essentially, going to be showing the same thing. Your work looks better from a marker's point of view if you've shown a variety of texts in your work. I Probably have some notes left somewhere on the poem I used as one of my related texts if you want to have a look at that and see if it suits. if not, fine. good luck doll :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)