related text for AOS and module C (1 Viewer)

jellybaby

Awesome!
HSC
Hi

I just posted this thread to find out if anyone knows any possible related texts that i could use that suit both:
Motorcycle diaries
Judith Wright poems

I was thinking of using the same related text for both parts, however as i have just roughly read about Judith Wright poems i am unsure on any possible texts that could relate to both.

Also do you think that it is a good idea to the same for both? I was thinking of doing it as they both shows perspectives and offer personal context and emotions towards landscape.

Thank you :)

wishingstars

HSC
Hi there,

I'm not sure how useful my input will be considering when I did the HSC, our AOS was still 'Belonging'. At the time, our prescribed text for AOS was 'Romulus, my father' (it's a novel - biographic in nature). My teacher suggested it might go well with Motorcycle diaries, so I believe that's worth checking out :)

I'm not too sure about Judith Wright poems though - sorry! I think it would be a good idea if you asked your teachers for input OR maybe peers (i.e. people who did their HSC last year)

As for using 'one related text' for both AOS and Module C...personally, I don't think that's a good idea. The modules are separated specifically because there are different ideas you should be exploring in each one. Also, it would be a bit tedious trying to extract for e.g. 20 examples instead of 10 from one text (if you were to use one related for both parts).

Just my two cents. Hope it helps :)

jellybaby

Awesome!
HSC
Hi

i will look into the text you have provided
i agree with what you have said about using the same related text, you have stated a good point that i will take into consideration

Thank you for replying:)

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Judith Wright is all about Nature and you might be better of finding some direct links to that, i.e. the module is Representations of Landscapes and People.

I would suggest some paintings or even documentaries as good starting points, focusing on how the composer has used the landscape/people to represent meaning.

For Motorcycle diaries your looking at a man who discovers the inequality in his society and decides to act against it, although you could use nature-related texts its probably more effective looking into more empowering texts that focus on individual change and development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)