Related text idea... (1 Viewer)

gulrez

HSC
Um. ladies and getnle men i am thinking of doing harry potter as a related text for inner journeys. I want to know which book you guys reckong best fits, or even which movie...

gulrez

HSC
oh trust me anyone who knows me wont doubt my ability to analyses harry potter efficiently,i was merely asking opinions on which to do...

Simmie

HSC
Book five, probably the best one. I agree with Argonaut, it'd have to be really good, but at least you're not doing LOTR. I'm thinking maybe focus on harry and how he personally grows from being put into the triwizard tournament, and his face-off with Voldemort at the end. Good luck!!

Wackedupwacko

HSC
i would say book 6... his realisations of life after dumby... etc... although 5 is good too with the stuff about sirius and all

gulrez

HSC
Simmie said:
Book five, probably the best one. I agree with Argonaut, it'd have to be really good, but at least you're not doing LOTR. I'm thinking maybe focus on harry and how he personally grows from being put into the triwizard tournament, and his face-off with Voldemort at the end. Good luck!!

Um simmie, thats book 4 you're thinking about. And are you perchance paki? I think i may know you...

Simmie

HSC
Nah, I'm not... and it might well have been book 4. I don't know, i was just thinking of the triwizard tournament as a good idea.
And you wouldn't know me unless you went to Penrith High at some stage in the past 5 years, then your probably would.

HSC
N/A
As the books go into a bit more psychological depth as the "Harry" character gets older, I'd generally pick the most recent book.

However I must say, if you KNOW you have the ability to analyse effectively, I'd pick a more hard-core related text. It's a bit silly to say that marking won't be totally non-subjective, and if you can analyse something like Angela Carter or Michael Ondaatje equally as well as Harry Potter, then I'd pick one of the former.

Spbec

HSC
K I have been looking thru my OTEN notes, which gives some good ideas....
The Frontier House
travel programmes
Web sites about inner journeys
Kay Cottee interviews
interviews of sports people who came over barriers to succeed
Angelas Ashes

:idea:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)