Related text - PJ paintings (1 Viewer)

konstantine'

HSC
I'm trying to re-do one of my related texts and I've got an analysis of the painting 'Collins St 5pm' by John Brack and it actually depicts the negative impacts of a lack of a journey, in other ways a state of stasis. I'm not sure if it's a good idea though because it might be hard to tie into a thesis if the question in the exam is something about self discovery etc etc. It contrasts heaps with my other texts and I'm just wondering if you guys think it's a bit of a gamble? Also if anyone knows any good paintings I can use as a related text I'd really appreciate it !

madcat939

HSC
i reckon gamble if it contrasts because the markers will always be looking for writing pieces that are long, use keep language techniques and flow well 'togther'.
i remember in a writing piece i did year 11 i choose 2 texts that had no relationship and i just made up some bullshit about it and teacher was laughing at my attempt to link them.

konstantine'

HSC
mmmmmmmmm but can't you link by contrast? But then again I guess it wouldn't complement your thesis if it contrasts too much. I find that its hard to use any related text that presents a negative view of journeys =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)