Related text that coincides with 'As You Like It'? (1 Viewer)

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
Title is self explanatory, and I apologise if this has been asked before (try searching 'As You Like It' and see what you get :/)...
Basically, I'm looking for a good related text for 'As You Like It' but I suck at making hard decisions, or even thinking about making them for that matter + I have so much due right now that all I want to do is drop out of school and become a hermit and feel sorry for myself for the rest of my life.
*sigh* :frown2:

Thanks in advance :)

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, I haven't even had a chance to think of it all that much:( Any suggestions?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, I haven't even had a chance to think of it all that much:( Any suggestions?
I haven't read the play, but from what I can guess family(it features like the Duke's family and that), Identity (Rosalind dresses up as a boy right) but I really could only speculate past "all the world's a stage".

Given that she does disguise herself, a related exploring identity could be good. Like Mary + Max(has family in it too), anything exploring cultural identity...

If you argue the play her changing of identity helps her belonging, you could conversely explore how when others manipulate their identity in your related text it only serves as a barrier to true belonging.

Have you looked through this thread?
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=228949&highlight=belonging+related+texts

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, there is also the whole family relationships thing going on because you've got both sets of brothers hating one another, whilst the two characters with the strongest bond are just cousins.
I have had a look through there, I just wanted one that really related to it :/

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, there is also the whole family relationships thing going on because you've got both sets of brothers hating one another, whilst the two characters with the strongest bond are just cousins.
I have had a look through there, I just wanted one that really related to it :/
I picked vastly different texts from my prescribed personally, but anything with family themes could mesh well, personally think it's a trap when people pick something super similar to their prescribed.

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
I picked vastly different texts from my prescribed personally, but anything with family themes could mesh well, personally think it's a trap when people pick something super similar to their prescribed.
Hahaha, a trap. I will have a better look though that thread in that case :) Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)