Related Texts for The Crucible (1 Viewer)

dk786

HSC
Hey everyone. I've researched some related texts to use in conjunction with The Crucible, and decided on three main ones: Welcome to the Monkey House (Kurt Vonnegut), WH Auden poetry, and robert frost poetry.

Anyone have any recommendations on which one i should choose? I'm leaning mostly toward WH Auden.

Thanks guys

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that there is a potential link between The Crucible and "Welcome to the Monkey House", although the strength of this link seems uncertain. This suggests that the level of depth at which you can analyse this text alongside The Crucible may be limited compared to the other texts that you are contemplating.

Whether W. H. Auden's poetry is suitable as related material for The Crucible depends on the specific poem(s) that you are thinking of exploring. Auden's poems are essentially concerned with themes such as personal morals, religion, love, as well as social and political concerns. This variety of themes potentially indicates more avenues for in-depth analysis, and the themes themselves can contribute to a stronger link between Auden's poetry and The Crucible.

The same applies to Robert Frost's poetry in that its suitability as related material for The Crucible depends on the specific poem(s) to be emphasised. Some themes that Frost's poems explore include rationality, communication and isolation. Similar to Auden's poetry, you may also be able to establish a strong link between Frost's poetry and The Crucible.

Additionally, you may wish to consider using the text that you are most familiar with (if applicable) as related material, as this can assist you in maximising the quality of your analysis.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)