Related TExts (1 Viewer)

chadmeleon

HSC
I am mildy confused - how many should we have? Recomended, i mean. My schools been very vague...
Also does anyone have any reccomendations for interesting/good ones (that not everyone will be doing)
I'm contemplating The Book Theif but its very long. (if it helps the original text studied was The Crucible - is that the same for everyone?)
thanks, chad

samthebear

HSC
i'm confused about how many related texts we need for the AOS essay too =[ is it 1 or 2 related texts?
As for recomendations, my teacher gave us this link to check out for related texts, maybe it'll help you >.< Inside Break - HSC English Area of Study Belonging Related Texts
you could also try going to your local library and talk to a libarian about possible texts you could do on belonging. Other than that - read, alot. read novels of different genres, picture books, anything you can get your hands on is a good way to start =]

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
We were told to have three texts by our teacher. He said that was the recommended number from the BOS.
I think it's better to have three texts just incase they ask for it in the HSC. I don't think they will but it's still good to know you've got three texts to write about.
Definitely have more than one related text though. It'd be crazy not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)