• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

relationship problems during hsc (5 Viewers)

hscccc

HSC
You need to set boundaries. Tell him that you understand he needs support, but you have your own exams to focus on, too. If every call revolves around his worries, with no room for your thoughts or needs, that's emotionally draining. You’re allowed to put yourself and your goals first. The HSC is a big deal for you, too

Regarding the fake papers, ask him about it calmly and directly. If it turns out to be true, that’s a serious breach of trust. It shows a lack of respect, which could be a red flag in your relationship.

You deserve a partner who respects your time, emotions, and goals, not just someone who turns to you when it’s convenient for them. If you’re not getting that, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate whether this relationship is giving you what you need.
absolutely need to set boundaries and communicate with him about how you are feeling before you do anything.

Serenawilder

HSC
fake papers is crazy ngl bros an actual atar warrior, dump him, u deserve better queeen
Food for thought: sometimes, who people become under pressure reveals a lot about their true character — how they handle tough times says more than how they act when everything is smooth. It’s worth thinking about whether this is a temporary phase or a glimpse of how he might respond to stress in the future. If he struggles to respect your needs now, it could indicate challenges later when life throws more intense situations your way.

Relationships are about supporting each other, even when things get hard!!!

ringading

HSC
yeah idk how id feel if i broke up with him before ext 2, especially since we have a lot of mutual friends it could get really ugly really quick
yeh if that's what you think is best then follow that. i suggest maybe depending on how you feel before, after ext 2 or after hsc in general, you should talk to him and clear the air. definitely tell him some boundaries for the rest of your hsc that if he wants to load his worries and stress to you, he should be inclined to do the same and help YOU as well. its not always about him. but anywho good luck to your exams

femboys4life

HSC
should i have the conversation now or wait until after hsc? just not sure what could happen and everything since i still have 3 exams left 😭😭😭

femboys4life

HSC
perhaps you might consider avoiding him completely...you can focus on your own subjects and he wouldn't be able to get a reaction from you
im just worried he might take this the wrong way and assume im going to break up with him, ik it might seem weird on the outside but its so hard to navigate which is why im asking for help

Serenawilder

HSC
perhaps you might consider avoiding him completely...you can focus on your own subjects and he wouldn't be able to get a reaction from you
Avoiding him completely might seem like an easy way out, but it probably wouldn’t solve the core issue. In relationships — especially one that’s lasted 2.5 years — communication is always better than shutting someone out.

If you talk things through, you’ll at least have clarity on where each of you stands. It could give him a chance to understand how his actions are affecting you and maybe even change how he’s been acting.

ringading

HSC
should i have the conversation now or wait until after hsc? just not sure what could happen and everything since i still have 3 exams left 😭😭😭
do what you think feels right and see how the vibe is with him aswell. if he's still oblivious and still trauma and stress dumping on you then i think just start by setting some boundaries. if he doesn't respect those boundaries than talk to him. he's your boyfriend and if he really wanted a smooth relationship hed listen and help

i understand that you have exams left and you don't want to be preoccupied with this or ignore him and hurt his feelings, but he should understand that what he's done is affecting you as well so for a good relationship he should communicate

Legendary16

HSC
Avoiding him completely might seem like an easy way out, but it probably wouldn’t solve the core issue. In relationships — especially one that’s lasted 2.5 years — communication is always better than shutting someone out.

If you talk things through, you’ll at least have clarity on where each of you stands. It could give him a chance to understand how his actions are affecting you and maybe even change how he’s been acting.
true...I meant to say avoid him while the hsc is happening, and then maybe take any major decision on the relationship after that. There would be repercussions if a break-up happens while exams are happening

As always, do what you feel is best

AWM

HSC
true...I meant to say avoid him while the hsc is happening, and then maybe take any major decision on the relationship after that. There would be repercussions if a break-up happens while exams are happening

As always, do what you feel is best
that sounds like a good idea. if you feel comfortable you could even send a text saying that you want some distance for the remainder of the HSC hence you won't be talking to him. I completely agree with all the other comments that what he's doing shouldn't be affecting you and it's honestly quote selfish of him.

Serenawilder

HSC
that sounds like a good idea. if you feel comfortable you could even send a text saying that you want some distance for the remainder of the HSC hence you won't be talking to him. I completely agree with all the other comments that what he's doing shouldn't be affecting you and it's honestly quote selfish of him.
I agree with this!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)