• No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Considering that both parties are doing the hsc, I'd say no. In fact, you could shift it into your favor by studying with each other but depending on the people, some wil inevitably go off-topic and end up being distracted and most people are probably like that. For me, however, I'd tell the partner that its hsc, I want to do well (and hopefully she does too) and I don't want our time with each other endangering the hsc for both of us. Overall it'd be more like, "we're still together, but we're not talking as much". Like a long distance relationship? you don't see each other (lets not consider talking for the metaphor's sake), but your still together.

Of course, the actions taken will ultimately depend on the people and what they want/need.
Tbh, this can be hard. Unless both are top students or want to do well in the HSC and care about their studies and work together to achieve that high ATAR, if not , either party will affect the other one who's studying and it can be quite bad and distracting.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
If you are currently in a long-term relationship, stay together.
But realise that both of you (or one of you) are working really hard for the HSC and that relationships will come second for a period of time.

Breaking up prior to the HSC because of the HSC can break a lot of people and I think its best to avoid that.

I think that with this, everyone is different - you shouldn't break up solely for the HSC, but you should try not to get into a relationship if you're not currently in one.

For me, I am a year younger than my boyfriend and he started Year 12 this term, I have chosen to stay with him instead of leaving him with a mindset that he would focus better. My decision was to be his support and to acknowledge that I will come second to HSC, because that is really important. Matter-o-fact, I will be doing my Business Studies Accelerated HSC in 2015, so I do have a small understanding of the pressure my boyfriend will be going through in the next year.

Last edited:

useless stick

HSC
I'd say no, a couple should stay together, just not meet or focus too much on the relationship, kinda like being study partners for the period I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)