Relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (1 Viewer)

Gurei

HSC
Shoom said:
Ok Tanjin.

I got 6/45 in my english exam and 9% in maths. HOW CAN I RELAX?!. Or should I just not care and do better next term?
I di pretty terrible in my Chemistry mid term exam, 7/35. :x
My exams start on Wednesday, Modern History, Mathematics 2U and Chemisty all in a row before the weekend. And I haven't studied much at all. Weird thing is, I'm not stressed at all. I never seem to have the motivation to do well at school anymore. The only things I like is IPT and Chem. o.o

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I have no motivation aswell, I have not studied and I dont feel like studying. I have maths tomorrow and I know ill get 10% maximum in it. :eek:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shoom said:
Ok Tanjin.

I got 6/45 in my english exam and 9% in maths. HOW CAN I RELAX?!. Or should I just not care and do better next term?
Do better next term.

I hope you do realise that NONE of your Year 11 marks count towards Year 12. I'm not telling Year 11 kiddies to completely forget about studying, just don't stress about it like your life depends on it. Study when exams are coming up, complete assignments and do your best, just so that you can actually move into Year 12 with a steady and stable study pattern.

Year 11 is not the year to study, study and study. If you were talking about year 12 here, the story would be different. Year 11 is your last stress-free year. Enjoy it. :)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Yay!!!!, damn I was doing so good this year, but for some reason I just didnt study for these exams. Oh well.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shoom said:
Yay!!!!, damn I was doing so good this year, but for some reason I just didnt study for these exams. Oh well.
Shit happens.

jimmayy

HSC
tanjin said:
So? Can't you just pretend to study some days and actually study on the other days?

Seriously, you should all enjoy Year 11. I can understand in some cases like when an MX1 student might need good marks to get into MX2, but other than that - HAVE FUN.
i did pretty crappy in my exams 15% but other than that there jst typical asian parents who always complain bout crummy jobs but i can put myslef in there shoes supporting me and imtaking shit for granted but hell im getting smart i started passing all my subjects and i do physics, general maths, standard english, biology, studies of reli and right now i feel ill do well in my prelims coming up this week.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
jimmayy said:
i did pretty crappy in my exams 15% but other than that there jst typical asian parents who always complain bout crummy jobs but i can put myslef in there shoes supporting me and imtaking shit for granted but hell im getting smart i started passing all my subjects and i do physics, general maths, standard english, biology, studies of reli and right now i feel ill do well in my prelims coming up this week.
Like I said, I'm not suggesting that you not study. Study and rest. Year 11 is NOT worth all the stress.

Real Madrid

HSC
Now is a good time to experiment with your study techniques. The teachers will try and formalise it as much as they can, but really, year 11 is going through the bottleneck into the bottle.

Good arrangements are necessary in study and assessment completion. I find that the assessments in year 11 are 'MINISCULE' compared to major works in year 10. In all fact, the 10%-15% assessments they throw at you are an easy 90% mark. These assessments, especially for the sciences require nothing more than 1 hour revision periods for a few days, or in the case of practicals, simply writing 2 pages on your methodology.

Nevertheless, good teachers will never put any add more pressure than you can handle, and tasks should be completed as soon as possible. It clears the congestion at the end of the year when really important exams come. The Board of Studies is dumb (rants), but the people that work there are not that stupid, the deadlines in tasks are reasonable.

From my experience...
  • Sleep at a good time and get 8 and a half hours sleep
  • Latin saying: A healthy mind needs a healthy body
  • If you HAVE TIME and you are BORED, by all means finish uncompleted homework and revision.
  • Have breaks in your study (I can't stress this enough.) Cramming 8 hours is like casual study for 2 hours. I guarentee you that when you cram you will forget everything the next day.
  • Write some methodology on tasks that you find difficult to complete. Usually a step by step method on formulaes (especially in maths) can help.
  • Consistency is key. Study 2-3 hours a day every day and you'll whizz through.
  • Don't burden yourself with a UAI aim. People choke here and there and expectations are unrealistic. You guys are sore that such things as 'UWS' exist. Some universities are only bad because you aren't willing to change.
  • Be grateful- there are many kids in Africa that would love to take your seat in the HSC.
  • After you read the last line of my response, turn off your comp and TV. Two biggest distractions possible.
  • Have a back-up subject. 'A' is one. That means don't go over 12 units. Who are you trying to prove something to and why? The only thing you can prove by doing more than 12 units is that you're trimming off precious study time outside of school to 'prove' that you can win the 'bet' against your friends that you are smart. Noone cares how much you can do. The teachers only really care about 10 units. 10/10.
  • And uhh... relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

*Don't overdo it. Just as you get get cramps from running too hard, you can get really REALLY angry at yourself for staying up late to remember stuff. Not only is cramming bad for your sleeping patterns, its really bad for your health. Muscle spasms become more prevalent through bad study habits...and yes there have been cases where people have died from cramming, and in more humourous cases, playing video games.

How does this happen? The chance of a heart attack is doubled on the days that you do not sleep more than 4 hours. Blood clotting in the legs is caused by poor leg positioning. This is why (Health) is much more important than (Study). You have a whole lifetime to study, but you won't if misfortune should ever occur due to bad health.

Your teachers never expect you to be perfect, but they want you to have your priorities in check.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Real Madrid said:
  • Have breaks in your study (I can't stress this enough.) Cramming 8 hours is like casual study for 2 hours. I guarentee you that when you cram you will forget everything the next day.
WRONG. You can't guarantee this. I'm not saying cramming is a good idea, but for some out there - this works quite well.

Real Madrid

HSC
If you remember it the next day, you'll still need another few says to fully remember it.

Research about short-term memory, medium-term memory,long-term memory and sleeping.

Make a judgement afterwards.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Real Madrid said:
If you remember it the next day, you'll still need another few says to fully remember it.

Research about short-term memory, medium-term memory,long-term memory and sleeping.

Make a judgement afterwards.
Well, research can eat shit. I crammed for six hours straight the night before my modern history exam, and I remembered everything well enough to score a mark of 94. :)

It's different for everyone, but you can't guarantee that it doesn't work.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Real Madrid said:
You sure you didn't just remember the stuff from beforehand?
If I remembered the notes previously, why would I need to cram or study at all? Point is, NOT everyone is the same and for some cramming works effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)