Release of 2015 HSC Marks - Tips and Info (1 Viewer)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Just in case you don't know; you will be receiving your HSC marks this Wednesday (16th) at 6am AEST here at: https://www.hsc-results.nsw.edu.au/ or https://www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au/
(yes one has a '-")
ATAR will be released the next day Thursday 17th December at 9am AEST.

Tips:
  1. Make sure you know your BOSTES number (the same one you used for HSC exams); and your pin to login to studentsonline. You won't be able to change/update details from Tuesday 5pm until 12pm tommorow.
    https://studentsonline.bostes.nsw.edu.au/
  2. I recommend if you haven't logged in; or activated your account, you should do so before Wednesday. Contact your school/BOSTES on Monday/Tuesday if there is an issue.
  3. Make sure your details are correct before Tuesday 5pm AEST.
  4. If you cannot access i.e. traffic to the site will be slow when the results open (6am) try at a later stage that day; or the following day.
  5. If you plan to use your marks for things like scholarships/tutoring etc. I would recommend that you save a copy either as a pdf or image file; for future reference. It might help for these kind of things. And make sure you don't delete it either.
  6. Your UAC number is your BOSTES number with a 1 added to the beginning. The 4 digit pin would have been mailed to you earlier this year. Also, recommendation (by leehuan) that if you have forgotten your UAC PIN to ring UAC ASAP, because they will be spammed with calls on Thursday.
    http://www.uac.edu.au/atar/
  7. You also receive your ATAR in the mail as well; maybe not on Thursday. Make sure to retain this (where relevant)
  8. You will be able to view your results on studentsonline until your DET account is deleted mid-2016.

For more information refer to: https://studentsonline.bostes.nsw.edu.au/go/results/getting_your_results/
and this forum http://community.boredofstudies.org/461/atar-hsc-marks/

Note: Your HSC marks and ATAR give a good head-start in getting into the course you want at university; and that is about it. They certainly should not define you; nor do they mean you cannot do what you want to in life; There are many options; including bridging courses; apprentices/trades etc which you can do well at or be a pathway to get the course you want in university.

Good luck on Wednesday; may your hard work (you know who I am talking to) have paid off; and that it will be favourable.
(And I am sure the BOSTES team which I am not part of; would agree).

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Edit:

6. Your UAC *NUMBER is your BOSTES number with a 1 added to the beginning. Your PIN was mailed earlier in the year and has 4 digits.

Also, I recommend that if you have forgotten your UAC PIN to ring UAC IMMEDIATELY, because they will be spammed with calls on Dec 17.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Edit:

6. Your UAC *NUMBER is your BOSTES number with a 1 added to the beginning. Your PIN was mailed earlier in the year and has 4 digits.

Also, I recommend that if you have forgotten your UAC PIN to ring UAC IMMEDIATELY, because they will be spammed with calls on Dec 17.
noted

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Why would anyone try to access students online when the marks are going to be emailed and sent to your phone?

leehuan

HSC
Why would anyone try to access students online when the marks are going to be emailed and sent to your phone?
Because some people insist that they aren't to be

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
or if you are overseas; getting them texted to you is impractical; likewise some forget to change their email so it doesn't send to the school email.

Flop21

HSC
Great so if our ATAR is shit, we get to look forward to a letter and having to look at it again.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah pretty much; I was overseas; so I am not sure the timeframe when it is sent with respect to the release date.

edit: they arrive in the mail Thursday, same day as the release.
"However, only students who indicate on their HSC entry forms that they wish to be notified of their ATAR receive an ATAR Advice Notice from UAC. Written ATAR Advice Notices are posted the day ATARs are released."

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
The ATAR is accessible by either directly logging on from UAC, or using their my UAC app available for Android and iOS.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I was overseas when they released ATAR's for my year, got mine through the UAC website.

Flop21

HSC
Is anyone filming their reaction? tbh I wish more of those videos existed.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Something to note(bit of a tip I guess) if your staying up all night or waking up just before it gets released, is that they DO get released and you are able to log in 10-15mins earlier then the stated time, this works every year, so if you really want to know ASAP, just spam 15mins before 6am and you should be able to log in around then. Likely to decrease the spam at 6am on the spot.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Something to note(bit of a tip I guess) if your staying up all night or waking up just before it gets released, is that they DO get released and you are able to log in 10-15mins earlier then the stated time, this works every year, so if you really want to know ASAP, just spam 15mins before 6am and you should be able to log in around then. Likely to decrease the spam at 6am on the spot.
Though make sure to clear your cache if you are doing that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)