Release of Semester1 2013 Results (2 Viewers)

aaron_syd

HSC
Eng first year...

engg1000 61 PS
phys1121 80 DN
math1131 72 CR
engg1811 84 DN

Is this okay for first sem? Where do I fit in the bell curve with these marks? Can't believe I got 61 for engg1000, I put the most effort into it out of all the subjects :(

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Eng first year...

engg1000 61 PS
phys1121 80 DN
math1131 72 CR
engg1811 84 DN

Is this okay for first sem? Where do I fit in the bell curve with these marks? Can't believe I got 61 for engg1000, I put the most effort into it out of all the subjects :(
61 for engg1000 and civil?

what project did you do, the paper bridge?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What do you guys do in engg1000 exactly?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
What do you guys do in engg1000 exactly?
'In this course, students will experience first hand one of the major things that engineers do: designing and building creative solutions to problems. They will learn to think the way that engineers think, coming up with good solutions to problems despite being limited by budget, time and resources, the requirement to also meet environmental and social objectives and of course the limitations of the laws of physics. This will help them to appreciate the central ideas of engineering design as an on-time, on-budget and fit for purpose solution to a poorly specified, open-ended problem. They will be assigned to a team to work over a ten week period to solve a practical problem. The projects on offer change from year to year. In doing all this they will start to build key skills for engineers that will be called upon repeatedly in their academic and professional lives, including concept development, critical thinking and evaluation skills, clear communication, research and information literacy skills and the skills involved in successfully functioning within a team environment to complete a given task.'

I did the chem eng project where we had to build a electrochemical cell and use it to power a lego car over a 5m course, which was pretty fun apart from the fact the coordinator of it was a massive dick and gave us crap marks :L

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Ahh yeah, does it have a reputation for being pretty bludgy?

I had to do a couple of similar subjects, one in first year and one in second year =( Sounds most comparable to the first one, except we were given a bit of freedom in what we did for the project. But it had to be a valid submission for the Engineers Without Borders competition so there wasn't as much freedom as would it first seem. Most people just pick what field of engineering the group wants to make something about and then go with a slight variation on what the example provided was. So many water filters.

The second one was strange, had a similar group task around some problem but then a lot of theory and case studies with a final exam more thorough than anyone was expecting lol. I was just curious because that subject's name is very similar to Engg1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)